question

sourasarka380 avatar image
0 Likes"
sourasarka380 asked

Api throwing error responses which are invalid category and duration or selected item for listtype LeadGeneration for listing up for ClassifiedAds.

I've been trying to work this through for the last three days in which i'm trying to list items in ebay as classifiedad. For testing purposes i'm using ebay sandbox. I'm fetching the categories through this url - http://open.api.sandbox.ebay.com/Shopping and my server url is https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/api.dll. I'm always taking the leaf categoryId and putting it as string in the xml. For duration i'm using Days_3 or Days_7 which as suggested in the docs are valid for most listings. I'm putting my xml below- $requestXmlBody =''; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= "$userToken"; $requestXmlBody .= 'en_GB'; $requestXmlBody .= 'High'; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= ""; $requestXmlBody .= ""; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= "$primaryCategory"; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= ''.$itemCondition.''; $requestXmlBody .= 'true'; $requestXmlBody .= 'UK'; $requestXmlBody .= '1'; $requestXmlBody .= "$startPrice"; $requestXmlBody .= "$listingDuration"; $requestXmlBody .= ''.$listingType.''; $requestXmlBody .= 'ClassifiedAd'; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= '7'; $requestXmlBody .= '36'; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= 'DE'; $requestXmlBody .= 'EUR'; $requestXmlBody .= '95125'; $requestXmlBody .= ''; for($j=0;$j '; endfor; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= ''; $requestXmlBody .= ''; I've tried many leaf categories but each time I've sent this request the server returns me this type of error - 2018-01-04T10:14:20.425ZFailureInvalid Category.Items in this category do not support sale format LeadGeneration.219217ErrorLeadGenerationRequestErrorDuration Invalid.The duration "7" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "66695".83Error766695RequestError1043E1043_UNI_API5_18598316_R1 I'll be hugely grateful and obliged if anyone kindly help me with this urgently.
ebay sandbox store
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
It's possible that the error is accurate -- that the category you are choosing doesn't support Classified Ad format and/or the duration you are specifying. By the way, for Shopping API calls (in your case, obtaining category info), it's better to use Production instead of Sandbox. But you'll of course need to use the Sandbox for the actual item listing itself, as you are doing. Maybe do your testing with a category that is definitely known to accept Classified Ads, such as the Real Estate categories. You may need to specify 30 days as the duration. I'm not experienced with listing new items on eBay, so the above tips are just some general thoughts to try.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.