question

robbsmellsfunny avatar image
0 Likes"
robbsmellsfunny asked ·

Retrieving ItemSpecifics when searching with the Finding API

I am using findItemsByCategory to retrieve items from the Men's Shoes category matching a "Brand" Aspect Filter. I would like the returned items to include item specifics like shoe size and color so I don't have to make additional API calls. Is there a way to do this? Currently the best work-around I've found is to follow the search with additional calls to GetMultipleItems with up to 20 items in order to retrieve the size. This isn't ideal as every 100 items would require 6 API calls (1 for the initial search and 5 to retrieve the item specifics). Does anyone know a better way that minimizes API usage? Is there a way to get itemSpecifics in an initial search via category or keyword?
getmultipleitemsitemspecificsfinditemsbycategoryfinding
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
xiang.developersupport answered ·
Hi @robbsmellsfunny, The information you need is not mentioned in the document of findItemsByCategory: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/findItemsByCategory.html#Output So I am afraid you have to use GetMultipleItems to minimize the API usage. Best Regards,

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robbsmellsfunny avatar image
0 Likes"
robbsmellsfunny answered ·
That's what I thought. Thanks @xiang.developersupport!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.