question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Tracking Number Not Updating with OrderID

When updating a tracking number using the completesales on version 805(using api test tool) it will not update a tracking number for a shipment.

It will not work for single item orders, or multiple item orders, it merely returns success.

If I submit with transactionID and ItemID it will update. Getting both of these is possible (orderID is them both hyphenated) but for multiple line orders through the cart flow that is not possible.

Does anyone know why I can't update tracking numbers with OrderID?
XML Below, through  API Test Tool

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CompleteSaleRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<WarningLevel>High</WarningLevel>
  <OrderID>****</OrderID>
<Shipment>
  <ShipmentTrackingDetails>             
    <ShipmentTrackingNumber>EA123456789US</ShipmentTrackingNumber>
    <ShippingCarrierUsed>USPS</ShippingCarrierUsed>
  </ShipmentTrackingDetails>
</Shipment>
<Shipped>true</Shipped>
<RequesterCredentials>
<eBayAuthToken>****</eBayAuthToken>
</RequesterCredentials>
</CompleteSaleRequest>

orderidtrackingnumbercompletesales
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·

You are doing nothing wrong that I can see.  You want to make sure you are using a unique ShipmentTrackingNumber for every CompleteSale request.  So if you are using a number previously used, you won't get an error, and also the order won't update.  If you are still having trouble, I would suggest opening a support ticket.  As I am able to upload tracking number with your exact request without any trouble using the API Test Tool,

http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.