question

improveyourlife avatar image
0 Likes"
improveyourlife asked

putting the xml result into a string

How can i put the xml returned result into a string using the api call below http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML&appid=myIdApp&siteid=0&version=967&ItemID=192401461174&IncludeSelector=Details
apixml response
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You'll need some sort of programming environment to work with it.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
improveyourlife answered
sorry? i seem to be between a rock and a hard place
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
People usually use one of the common programming environments such as PHP, Javascript, Python, C#, etc.
10 |600

0 Likes"
improveyourlife answered
I do im using php but cant seem to talk too GetSingleItem
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
The URL looks fine.
10 |600

0 Likes"
improveyourlife answered
it is, and whatever goes the the browser, i need that in a string to look for quantity
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
This isn't a forum for PHP beginners. Try searching the web for PHP tutorials. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+fetch+a+web+page+in+php
10 |600

0 Likes"
improveyourlife answered
My php is fine its talking too ebays api getsingleitem ive look through docs and it dont explain as well has finditemsadvanced
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
We can only answer the question you actually ask. Your question was about how to get an xml response into a string. That's beginner PHP and has nothing to do with the eBay API docs. Perhaps you'd like to ask your real question.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.