question

earthseagames avatar image
0 Likes"
earthseagames asked ·

Account closed for over-usage of FindCompletedItems

Apparently my website was getting crawled by every bot on the planet which in turn triggered a lot of calls to FindCompletedItems. I would be happy to turn off all my usage of this function in order to keep using the regular finding api, but I wasn’t offered this item. Instead my keys were simply deactivated. Does anyone know if there is an appeal process? I don’t really need the FindCompleted api, but not being able to use the regular finding API hurts. I would love to talk to someone at eBay about this, but I have no idea how to get in touch with anyone involved with the developer API, other than the support ticket system (which has not been very helpful so far).
apifindcompleteditemskeyset
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
earthseagames answered ·
No. I got a "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered ·
@earthseagames Did you ever hear back about your review?

0 Likes"
earthseagames answered ·
Thanks H, Your reply was most helpful. I will pursue the leads you suggested. No they gave me no contact info other than the ticket in the premium support window. In answer to your other question, technically they didn’t ban my account, but rather they deleted my keys and closed off my ability to request new keys. My account is still live pending a general review of the FindCompletedItems API. If I don’t get anywhere I will simply wait until they complete their review. At least I still have my account for now. EG

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Oh man, wow. I'm sorry to hear about the sudden shock on this. I don't have any good leads to share; just some ideas. It sounds like you've already filed a eBay DTS ticket. They couldn't refer you to someone more appropriate to contact? Maybe you received an email from someone alerting you to the cancellation of your eBay Dev account/keys. Did they provide any contact info or at least a reply email address? I doubt there's any formal appeals process, but you should still make an effort to contact them and state your case. The eBay Dev website was revamped this year. Look around for a contact form/page or updated email addresses for Dev staff/support. I found this recently: https://go.developer.ebay.com/contact-us I also have these general contact emails on file, but they may be old or mistaken: eBayDeveloperProgram [at] eBay.com , dev-relations [at] eBay.com Do you have any contacts at other eBay departments who may be able to help? In the meantime while you sort this all out, perhaps consider quickly registering a new eBay Dev account so you can at least use the rest of the Finding API. Good luck. -h PS Silly idea to try: In your current Dev account with deactivated keys, is there any option to simply "generate new keys"?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.