question

michaehowar_46 avatar image
0 Likes"
michaehowar_46 asked

Enable Global Shipping Programme for sandbox account

I am trying to create a test shipment that uses the GSP to test a change in our labelling software. I have, so far, been unable to enable GSP through both the API and website. Checking GSP in user preferences via OfferGlobalShippingProgramPreference always returns false. I have been creating test shipments going from United Kingdom to australia and order.IsMultiLegShipping always returns false also. I have read that GSP is automatically enabled in some places, in other places I have read that GSP is completely disabled for sandbox accounts so I'm not sure where to go from here. To be clear, the alternative to testing in the sandbox environment would be to make some accounts that buy from eachother on the live site but I'm under the impression that that's not strictly in adherance with eBay's usage policies and would like to avoid doing so where possible. Is it possible to enable GSP for sandbox accounts and if so, how? Thanks :)
user accountinternational-shippingglobal shipping programmegsp
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered
Hi @michaehowar_46, Thanks for your post. Can you please refer to the following KB Article for enabling GSP in Sandbox : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2105 Please let us know if you have further questions. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaehowar_46 avatar image
0 Likes"
michaehowar_46 answered
Thanks for the reply. I've already seen this documentation. I've been through it step by step to build the requests exactly as described in the documentation. Still my orders don't come through as GSP. I would like to know if this line in the docs has any relevance > All sellers are assumed to have > opted‐in to Global Shipping Program. My sandbox accounts are not opted in to the global shipping program. Moreover, when I go to activate GSP via the ebay website, I am redirected to the live site login portal which is a dead end. I have also tried to opt in to GSP using the api using the following .net code: SetUserPreferencesCall setPrefs = new SetUserPreferencesCall(context); setPrefs.GlobalShippingProgramListingPreference = true; Console.WriteLine("Attempting to set user preferences"); try { setPrefs.Execute(); if (setPrefs.ApiResponse.Ack != AckCodeType.Failure) { Console.WriteLine("user profile updated successfully"); var response = setPrefs.ApiResponse; } else if (setPrefs.ApiResponse.Ack == AckCodeType.PartialFailure) { Console.WriteLine("response returned with partial failure"); } } catch (Exception ex) { Console.WriteLine("Set preferences failed with exception: {0}", ex); } Which sends the following request: xxxxxxx 10da78ed-8c12-4606-a7ac-e008c89ede43 1027 true It's worth noting [this documentation][1] says this about the GlobalShippingProgramListingPreference flag: > If this flag is included and set to true, the seller's new listings will enable the Global Shipping Program by default. I then ask the api to show me my user preferences and, although the last request was successful, 'GlobalShippingProgramPreference' still returns false as you can see in the following response body: 2018-01-05T08:56:38.226Z Success b38e33ec-5944-46a9-8cd1-bf2bc9c23582 1031 E1031_CORE_API_18535225_R1 false true All of this raises the question, what *exactly* causes a shipment to trigger GSP? If it is not enabled by the user then it must be that it is activated by matching a set of variables...right? Or am I completely missing something? [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/SetUserPreferences.html#Request.GlobalShippingProgramListingPreference

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.