question

aerendir-ita avatar image
0 Likes"
aerendir-ita asked

In which cases there may be more than one fulfillmentStartInstructions?

In the documentation is stated that `fulfillmentStartInstructions` > Contains a list of one or more sets of specifications for fulfilling the order. **QUESTION 1: In which cases the API returns "more sets of specifications"?** --- > Each set specifies the type of fulfillment, shipping carrier and service, addressing details, and estimated delivery window. But don't link the instructions to an Item. **QUESTION 2: So, if the instruction are different (I suppose they are different if are more than one) and there are different `shipTo` data, how can I know what to ship to who?** --- > These instructions are derived from the buyer's and seller's eBay account preferences, ... > > The seller can use them as a starting point for packaging, addressing, and shipping the order. "The seller can use them as a starting point" means that then there is some sort of continuation, so, which is this continuation? **Which is the final point**? And how can the merchant use those information to ship the Item? QUESTION 3: **How can I tell the merchant that "An ideal Item X" is linked with the instruction at index 0 or at index 1 or 2 of the returned array?** --- In general the concepts supposed by the description are not cleared anywhere. If I get more than one fulfillment instruction, where should have I to ship what item? More, there is also a key `fulfillmentHrefs` that contains the tracking of a fulfillment but, again, those are not linked to a specific `fulfillmentStartInstructions`: **QUESTION 4: how can I link a `fulfillmentHrefs` with a `fulfillmentStartInstructions`?**
fulfillmenthrefsfulfillmentstartinstructions
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi aerendir-ita, Here are the answers: QUESTION 1: In which cases the API returns "more sets of specifications" Answer: FulfillmentStartInstructions list will always contain only one fulfillment instruction for an Order. In other words only the items with the same fulfillment instruction will be part of one order. FulfillmentStartInstructions was defined as a list for futuristic purpose. So please take the first element in the list. We will update the documentation to reflect the same. QUESTION 2: So, if the instruction are different (I suppose they are different if are more than one) and there are different shipTo data, how can I know what to ship to who? Answer: FulfillmentStartInstructions list will always contain only one fulfillment instruction for an Order. QUESTION 3: How can I tell the merchant that "An ideal Item X" is linked with the instruction at index 0 or at index 1 or 2 of the returned array? Answer: FulfillmentStartInstructions list will always contain only one fulfillment instruction for an Order. QUESTION 4: how can I link a fulfillmentHrefs with a fulfillmentStartInstructions? Answer: FulfillmentStartInstructions list will always contain only one fulfillment instruction for an Order. Best Regards,
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aerendir-ita avatar image
0 Likes"
aerendir-ita answered
Thank you for your clarification... If I can, I'd like to suggest to update the documentation to explain that currently only one element is returned in that list because currently it is really confusing! Anyway, thank you for your really clear answer!
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.