question

cpo-outlets avatar image
0 Likes"
cpo-outlets asked

Question about updating inventory

The available amount is specified in both the Inventory and the Offer API calls. When our on-hand inventory changes, it's not clear to me which one (or both) I should update. It seems redundant to have to make two separate calls (one for Inventory, one for Offer) to update the available inventory for the listing. So here's what it looks like I need to do: 1. Create Inventory item with quantity = X 2. Create offer with quantity = X 3. Our inventory goes down to Y (due to sales through other channels) 4. Update Inventory item with quantity = Y 5. Update offer with quantity = Y Is there any way I can update both with one call? Thanks
inventory apioffer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parts_rescue avatar image
0 Likes"
parts_rescue answered
Why is quantity listed in both objects? Is there a difference in the function in the offer quantity vs. the inventory quantity? The engineering team has done a wonderful job simplifying the API models but this is one area where it seems like it would have made much more sense to put quantity in 1 object or the other but not both.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stefaschlosse-9 avatar image
0 Likes"
stefaschlosse-9 answered
Hi, if do not specify an availableQuantitiy during the createOffer call, the offer Quantity will synchronize with the item Quantity. This is not mentioned in the documentation.

cpo-outlets avatar image
0 Likes"
cpo-outlets answered
@stefaschlosse-9, thanks for the tip, I will try that out!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.