question

long_gone_media avatar image
0 Likes"
long_gone_media asked

Spend money to report a bug? Nah

I've hit a bug (undoubtedly) in the API that would normally lead to a ticket or at least a bug report. I see that I can purchase time in hour blocks for a support ticket. However, this is a bug in eBay's API and feel that I shouldn't have to spend cash to report it. The feedback: it'd be nice if there was a way to report issues. Leaving a forum post isn't ideal since there's none of the nice features that come with a bug tracking system (for the API users and devs). The issue: I'm unable to list any more items through the API. The error response says I've reached my selling limit. I went to eBay Seller Hub to investigate. The "Monthly Limits" number in Seller Hub didn't match up with the actual listed; it most probably matched up with the number of offers that had been created but _not_ published and was over the limit. I contacted eBay seller support and they 1. fixed the display issue with the "Monthly Limits" number and 2. raised my limit. I waited 24 hours. The API is still claiming that I've reached my limit although a) I've since gotten the limit increased and b) it was never the case that my limit of _published_ offers had been reached. I contacted eBay seller support again and ultimately developer API support was suggested which led me to this post.
bug report
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.