question

leokyriaco-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
leokyriaco-0 asked ·

Aspect Filters Not Effective With Multi-Listings

Hi, I'm trying to make searches for phones mostly. The aspect filters are a perfect way to break down exactly what I want: Apple iPhone 6 16GB Silver or Samsung Galaxy S6 32Gb Black. However, sellers are listing using multi-listings (where they have every variation of storage/condition/network and so on). E.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-G920-32GB-64GB-128GB-Unlocked-SIM-Free-Smartphone/291944691941?hash=item43f94278e5:m:mrdcHIByFmSYm2aHetSidBg Is there a way of returning the actual price for what I searched for if it's available in the multi listing? It's good data and I don't want to exclude 10+ sellers in order to get better results. I'm working on python response = eBayapi.execute('findItemsAdvanced', { 'keywords': Name, 'itemFilter': [ {'name': 'MinPrice', 'value': MinPrice}, {'name': 'ListingType', 'value': 'FixedPrice'}], 'paginationInput': [ {'entriesPerPage': SearchQuant, 'pageNumber': '1'}, {'sortOrder': 'CurrentPriceLowest'}], 'aspectFilter': [ {'name': 'Storage Capacity', 'value': Storage}, {'name': 'Condition', 'value': 'Seller refurbished'}, {'name': 'Model', 'value': Name}] }) Any help would be amazing, thanks
finding-apipythonaspectfiltermulti variation listing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Once you have the items, build a list of unique item IDs for the variation listings and pass it to GetMultipleItems in the Shopping API with IncludeSelector=Details,Variations. You'll get back a Variation container with each SKU and its settings and qty.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leokyriaco-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
leokyriaco-0 answered ·
Yeah, they're really annoying. The work-around I've got is to list all of the sellers with the multi-listings, access their data via the Trading API and pull off a table of all their pricing. It's just slow as hell and not particularly reliable either. I'm getting all the listings as you said (i.e all the variations within a multi-listing as individual listings), however it's hard to distinguish between them as all I have is a title ('Apple iPhone 6 16GB 64GB 128GB Silver Grey Gold Unlocked Smartphone All Colours') and a price. Is there a way to get the output to show the choices made in the drop down boxes. For an iPhone 6 that would be Storage Capacity, Condition, Network and Colour for example.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
These variation listing are irritating. These listings are search manipulation to get clicks. Some of the sellers are even mixing accessories and phones so they get top billing in the lowest price sorts. Finding returns each variation as a separate item. Details for each item are provided. Make sure you don't have the itemfilter HideDuplicateItems set.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.