question

tomerpeled avatar image
1 Like"
tomerpeled asked ·

Invalid product ID value.

Hi,

Recently I've bumped with an issue with the FindCompletedItems and FindItemsByProduct operations.

I'm using the ProductId field in order to get the requested product. So for example, I'm setting the product id type to "UPC" and the value to the requested upc (a truly valid one).

It used to work, but now I'm always getting the "Invalid product ID value" error message - error code 41.

I also tried to execute the same request via the "API Test Tool" with no success.

For example (taken from the API Test Toole):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<findItemsByProductRequest xmlns="http://www.ebay.com/marketplace/search/v1/services">

<productId type="UPC">079061048177</productId>

</findItemsByProductRequest>​

Again, it worked as expected last week and now it isn't.

Anyone bumped with this issue? Is there some errors in the ebay servers? (Although I didn't see any notification about it)

Thanks in advance,

Tomer

findcompleteditemsfinditemsbyproductinvalid-product-id-value
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
richarfairthorn0 avatar image
0 Likes"
richarfairthorn0 answered ·
2 Years. Did you get a resolution? I'm having this problem now, searching for UPC's that I found by browsing the ebay site.
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

There are more recent discussions about UPC here with alternatives.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.