question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked

Bug: findCompletedItems Erroneously Returning Active Items

It seems our old friend findCompletedItems (fCI) in the Finding API is having some problems and it now often returns active items alongside the ended ones. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think fCI has always been, by definition, a call to return ONLY ended items, whether sold or unsold (or both). sellingState = EndedWithoutSales or EndedWithSales Here's a quick example: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=_________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords="Wireless%20Bluetooth%20Gaming%20Headset" The following ItemIDs are currently returned in the results and are currently active items: 291861741517 , 152647109852 , 200628319456 . There are more such ItemIDs that demonstrate this. Items show "EndedWithSales" or "EndedWithoutSales" but are still active. Not good. I don't know when this unexpected behavior started. Can anyone corroborate please? This is causing problems for my users, and I hope eBay can work on fixing this ASAP. Thanks.
findcompleteditemsbugbug reportfci
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Part of the automatic relisting behavior? These are all long term listings. Also it seems that the SellingState refers to only the most recent 30-day period.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Thanks, click. I'm pretty sure this is unexpected behavior by fCI - returning some active items. I'll file a support ticket.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I've been in contact with eBay Dev Support on this bug, and they're telling me that this is expected behavior. I'm trying to convince them that it's not (sigh...). Hopefully they're see the truth about this. Right from the 1st line of the [fCI reference/docs page][1]: "This call searches for items whose listings are completed and are no longer available for sale" Seems pretty clear to me. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findCompletedItems.html
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.