question

tool_sense avatar image
0 Likes"
tool_sense asked ·

How to get Sales Record ID from Fulfillment API

I use the fulfillment API to get all the orders that need to be shipped. I just noticed the OrderID is really different from the one displayed on Ebay, and after some research, I figured out that the ID I was looking for is called Sales Record ID and can be obtained using the Trading API. Now that I spent weeks on building a tool around the fulfillment API, I wasn't expecting this at all. I basically need to work with an entirely new API that is not even working the same way, and thus only to get the order id I need. Is there any other way to have the sales record id using the Fulfillment API ? That would save me a crazy amount of time. And also, I'm just curious, why is this ID even missing in the first place ?
getorders
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lester_developerprogram avatar image
0 Likes"
lester_developerprogram answered ·
We checked with the Fulfillment API development team and assuming you're talking about the Sales Record ID used in Selling Manager and Seller Hub, they do not plan to provide this legacy Sales Record ID publicly as it's maintained for backward compatibility only and will be eventually replaced by some kind of universal order ID. You should just use the current Order ID it emits instead.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marlinpu_75 avatar image
0 Likes"
marlinpu_75 answered ·
sales record and ID used in selling manager and seller hub, they do not plan to provide this legacy sales record ID publicly as it is maintained backward compatibility only and will be eventually replaced.

g_-495 avatar image
0 Likes"
g_-495 answered ·
Is there somewhere on eBay that allows for a user to search using the Order ID? I don't see it anywhere. I only see searching by Sales Record ID.

lester_developerprogram avatar image
0 Likes"
lester_developerprogram answered ·
We checked with the Fulfillment API development team and assuming you're talking about the Sales Record ID used in Selling Manager and Seller Hub, they do not plan to provide this legacy Sales Record ID publicly as it's maintained for backward compatibility only and will be eventually replaced by some kind of universal order ID. You should just use the current Order ID it emits instead.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.