question

roofwindow133 avatar image
0 Likes"
roofwindow133 asked

Getting lineItem variations

Hi. I'm using the fulfillment API to pull down orders and prepare them for storage in our database. As such, I need to be able to ascertain what kinds of variations there are on the lineitems being pulled down. For future orders, we're using our own SKUs for this, but for existing orders I need some way of being able to pull down the selected options that someone has purchased, without mix-and-matching new and old APIs. One method we've found is to use the legacyVariationId and open the page, while our processing team manually enters the SKUs for those products, but the legacyVariationId isn't always present for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
fulfillment apivariationslineitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi roofwindow133, legacyVariationId is getting returned for Multi-Variation Listings. Best Regards,
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Firstly, I was under the impression that the new sell APIs were supposed to remove the need for the legacyVariationId in the first place, therefore I assumed (wrongly as it seems), that there would be a new mechanism in place for retrieving this information. Similarly, there seems to be no reference to the original item in the new sell API (outside of the legacyItemId and legacyVariationId). The fact that the names are prepended with the word "legacy" implies something else has come up to take its place, but what this is isn't clear.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.