question

jaybrokers avatar image
0 Likes"
jaybrokers asked

Actual Shipping Cost of Labels Printed via GetOrders

I'm trying to find how to pull the "actual shipping cost" that eBay stores when you print labels via eBay or PayPal shipping. I have attached an order details screen. You'll see the shipping cost billed to the customer is $13.25, but in this case the actual cost (seller has some kind of discount I guess) ends up being $7.60 (the $7.60 circled in red is the value I'm trying to read via the API). 

I'm using the GetOrders call and I can't seem to find the actual shipping cost anywhere. There is an output field, "ActualShippingCost"...

OrderArray.Order
  .TransactionArray.Transaction
  .ActualShippingCost

However, in the above example when "ActualShippingCost" is requested for output it returns the full $13.25 shipping billed and NOT the $7.60 (actual), so clearly that is not the right field to pull. Unless I'm missing something, I'm thinking the data I'm trying to read is not part of the GetOrders call.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

Because it seems the seller had some sort of discount, you will have to look at other fields also.  And/or there should be a some sort of refund amount, or discount amount shown.  There are a few different scenarios, so I would like to see this exact example to give you the correct answer.  You can file a support ticket at no charge and I will take a look, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx.  Be sure to mention this post so you don't get charged. 

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jaybrokers avatar image
0 Likes"
jaybrokers answered

Thanks, josh.developersupport. I tried submitting a ticket, but it requires me to purchase hours first. I must be looking in the wrong place. It states, "You must first purchase support hours to access this feature."

Let me know if there's another way to submit it. 

Thanks very much for your help.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Sorry about that.  If you send me your eBay DeveloperID, I will give you 30 minutes for free and that will activate your account for support tickets and you won't be charged.

wwtecs avatar image
0 Likes"
wwtecs answered

Was this question answered? I have a similar need. I need to get my label shipping costs for ebay orders  which used the ebay shipping labels option.  Please let me know how I should approach this.

muna_trading avatar image
0 Likes"
muna_trading answered

The GetSellingManagerSaleRecord API provides the actual seller cost for labels but will be decommissioned in June. eBay recommends to switch to the GetOrders API but this one provides only the buyer payment - which is 0.00 when the item was offered with free shipping. We need the seller cost with GetOrders before GetSellingManagerSaleRecord will be decommissioned!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.