question

tooled-upcom avatar image
0 Likes"
tooled-upcom asked ·

Error 21919303 The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing

We have started getting the following error intermittently when calling AddItem (and VerifyAddItem) : RequestError The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing. The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing. Add Manufacturer Part Number to this listing, enter a valid value and then try again. 21919303 In my XML that I pass I do have Brand and MPN in both ProductListingDetails and ItemSpecifics sections - e.g : Draper 25PS5 5010559104260 5010559104260 Brand Draper MPN 25PS5 What is really strange though is that I can run exactly the same values through, it will fail once on the VerifyAddItem, and then next time it will pass that and fail on the AddItem, then I could run it again and it will pass both and the item is listed. It's really hit and miss and getting very frustrating!! Any ideas what I need to change please?!
erroradditem apiverifyadditemmpn21919303
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bigredtoolboxusa avatar image
0 Likes"
bigredtoolboxusa answered ·
Add in the new Item Specific of "Manufacturer Part Number" as well as the "MPN", and the error will go away... along with it appearing as MPN and Manufacturer Part Number in the listing.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

colijian-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
colijian-0 answered ·
@a.hellier That's not important I enter both `Brand` and `brand` can succeed
· 1 · Share

We had this in various places using the ebay Python SDK - not sure at what point the validation is happening, but it was also cropping up with the postage (If the camelCase postage was not done correctly it too would fail) Maybe different SDK's are dealing with this in different ways ?
0 Likes 0 · ·
a.hellier avatar image
0 Likes"
a.hellier answered ·
We tracked ours down to the following. Where we store the attributes in our database, the brand was 99.9% of the time being entered as `Brand`. However, on these failures, it was being entered as `brand` It appears eBay is case sensitive and this was our issue, took me a while to figure out but may well help others.

provalueparts avatar image
0 Likes"
provalueparts answered ·
Any update? I am also having the same exact issue. I am using the PHP SDK. I have attached some screen shots of what I am sending and what's happening. I am getting the same error number 21919303 ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1667-screen-shot-2017-11-15-at-912.jpg

· 1 · Share

you look like you have the same issue as us. `brand` should be `Brand` sorry not a php expert or know what the php-sdk does, but it may well be the same thing.
0 Likes 0 · ·
xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered ·
Hi all, We are realizing this issue and contacting the engineering team internally and will keep you updated in this post. Best Regards,

colijian-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
colijian-0 answered ·
@a.hellier I know it's intermittent.But whenever I started my first request, he was a failure Each solution is repeated where the parameters are replaced, and I didn't change any of their values, but changed their positions

a.hellier avatar image
0 Likes"
a.hellier answered ·
We are getting a similar issue, but with > The item specific Brand is > missing. Add Brand to this listing, > enter a valid value and then try > again. We have everything in the calls, in both the product and specifics. Its intermittent, so a duplicate call could pass/fail. If you get some info please let me know!

tooled-upcom avatar image
0 Likes"
tooled-upcom answered ·
Ha - thanks - so it's not just me going mad then! I did try switching around my xml the same as you (in the opposite directions though) and at first I thought it had worked, but no I still get completely random failures. It's so frustrating that I can try it three times witht he same item, and get 3 different results.
· 1 · Share

We have just paid out for some premium support - if I get an answer I will post it here!
0 Likes 0 · ·
colijian-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
colijian-0 answered ·
I met the same problem as you I do have Brand and MPN in ItemSpecifics but when I asked for VerifyAddItem, it reminds me that there is no MPN Then I replaced the position of brand and MPN again and again, and it reminded me that I had succeeded But when I didn't change my XML to make a request together, it failed again I don't know what happened. MPN 744901001 Brand Foreverun Motor

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.