question

whoppingdeals2016 avatar image
0 Likes"
whoppingdeals2016 asked

How to get UPC from Item ID ?

Is there a way to get the UPC of an active listing from its Item ID (also called Item number) ? I have tried out various calls like findItemsByProduct in the Finding API, findItemsAdvanced, findItemsByKeywords, GetSingleItem, GetMultipleItems, but have had no success with any of them. The ItemSpecifics container in the response returns everything except the UPC. Neither is it seen in the container. Is Ebay deliberately blocking requests for UPC ? if not, I request anyone knowledgeable about this to suggest me a suitable solution for this problem. Thanking you.
upc
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Get the ProductID using Finding API Look it up with Shopping API, FindProducts UPC, EAN, ISBN is returned if available.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
whoppingdeals2016 answered
Thanks for your reply. I checked out the Finding API but couldn't spot it. Could you please tell me which call in the finding API it is or even better, if you could give me the URL for the Finding API call that returns the productID when searched by itemID ? My aim is to find the UPC from the item ID also known as eBay item number which, for example, for this Michael Kors Carryall Shoulder Bag is: [182811086957][1] . Its UPC is : 191262027277 which is what the call should return in response. Thank you. [1]: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-AUTHENTIC-MICHAEL-KORS-VIOLET-SIGNATURE-JSTVL-SM-CARRYALL-HANDBAG-WALLET-640/182811086957?hash=item2a9063d06d:g:48oAAOSwsm1Z15au

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
That would be every call that starts with "find". Your problem is that the item you are requesting doesn't have a productId. eBay's catalog is not complete. The field is only returned for items in the catalog. Try a more common item like a DVD.

0 Likes"
whoppingdeals2016 answered
So there's no way to get the UPC from the item number of a product.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.