question

digitalmind2000 avatar image
0 Likes"
digitalmind2000 asked ·

Ebay API is reporting wrong info

First off, I'm just a seller on ebay having an issue with our Listing Software & Ebay. I contacted the Support Team for our Listing software due to an issue with the software/ebay API refresh call reporting that.. 1. After a sale, Items are being reported as ended, but in fact, the listings is still running with quantities available. or 2. We have the Out of Stock feature turned on within the listing software and on ebay. But all of a sudden, items Are Not being moved to Out of Stock, (or still running on ebay without qty) they are just being ended, as if the feature isn't even enabled. This causes the listing to lose it's Sold history which is very important. I called ebay support to report this issue and they directed me here. The Listing Software company also said they would also contact ebay, but I want to insure this is reported and resolved ASAP, because this is not only causing us to lose money, but ebay is also losing money. So where do I report this issue and get it resolved? Chuck
api call
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

digitalmind2000 avatar image
0 Likes"
digitalmind2000 answered ·
Thanks for input Helios... Glad to see someone is out took the time to respond. I will report back with any developments. Chuck

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Hmmm... I'm not sure the best avenue for you to take. It's possible someone on the Dev team will respond in this thread, but it may take a while. You might consider doing this: registering for a free eBay Developer account, then submitting a (paid) tech support ticket. They respond within a day or so to those. You should get your payment returned if they conclude the issue you raise is an eBay bug. However, that route is really meant for developers themselves to communicate with eBay, and eBay will likely expect you to provide detailed API call behavior that isn't performing as expected. I'll bet the Listing Software Provider is pursuing this avenue of support themselves.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.