question

gurbahaydaro-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
gurbahaydaro-0 asked

createOrReplace on production and relationship with products created by web interface.

On production, does items that I use the createOrReplace call with to the API show up on myEbay inventory web interface? On production, does items that I use the createOrReplace call with to the API show up in my ebay store? On production, does my existing items created by web interface can be updated/deleted/viewed by createOrReplace api call?
apiselling apiproductionnew apiweb apicreateorreplace
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Items created via the new Inventory API : https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/overview.html should be edited/revised via the Inventory API only.The reason being if you revise the items via Trading or Web Interface , the items will be out of sync. The inventory APIs manage inventory separately (ideally the seller is managing them). The Trading API and Web Interface do not talk to Inventory API and hence we advise that you do not use these mechanisms to revise an Item listed via Inventory API. Hence the same applies to items created via Web Interface. They directly cannot be accessed via the Inventory API. You need to first migrate it to the new Inventory system using the bulkMigrateListing API: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/listing/methods/bulkMigrateListing and then use Inventory API to revise them Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gurbahaydaro-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
gurbahaydaro-0 answered
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. That is fair, looks like ebay wants to give sellers better independent solution in the long run. However, there seems to be big issue. How can I see the inventory that I uploaded with new api? Is it gonna show in myEbay inventory as well? Or is it not supposed to show up in ebays own site?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.