question

sulisfineart avatar image
0 Likes"
sulisfineart asked ·

eBay API - How to get number of active listings in each country?

Is there any way to use the eBay API to get the number of active listings in each country/eBay site? I have 80,000+ listings split across 7 different ebay sites. I cannot use the Trading API as this is limited to 25,000 results. I have looked at the Merchant Data API and the ActiveInventoryReport call. It has a SiteFilter but the Api Reference just says "Reserved for internal or future use." I tested it and it doesn't seem to work.
trading-apimerchant-data
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sulisfineart avatar image
0 Likes"
sulisfineart answered ·
It would be a much-appreciated feature. There is currently no way I can find to get this data even using MyeBay. There is only a filter for 'this site only' so would need to log into each site individually and do an advanced search. The solution I currently have in place is to create store categories for each country. And then use a webscraper to navigate to that store category url and scrape the item count. Really not ideal.....

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Right now we dont have a way to get the listings per site basis. You will have to add extra logic in your application to check the Listing Site of the Item. But this is a good request and we will let our Product team know if this can be included in the new API's. Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.