question

designerlivingus avatar image
0 Likes"
designerlivingus asked

Single image issue that does not allow us to edit quantity

After reviewing ebay rules: 1)We are unable to delete a product page after it there is sales. 2) We are unable to edit product quantity if image is hosted on ebay I have been researching on this issue for several weeks now. Since API isn't working, I went the manual route. Issue A) Our API call is unable to zero out quantity. WHY: We have one image per each ebay child listing and ebay auto kicks it to ebay image host. Solution: Add more images so it does not kick into ebay image storage Issue: Since it is a variation, each individual child image is populated into the variation. e.g. if parent listing has 3 childs, and each child has 2 images. Thus there are 6 total images. If parent listing has images also, then not all images are showing up. Sometimes this above case occurs, sometimes it does not. What triggers this? Issue B) Removing the child image from the main listing Can this be done through API without triggering issues? We are simply trying to find different solutions. My idea would be 1A API Remove images Then revise qty Then add images back in? (doesn't seem efficient) 2A API add 2 images per child Then we can easily revise qty (But image display issue occurs) If there is a better solution, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help. Update 11/13 The quantity modification issue is not consistent: 1) I can edit qty and save listing without any issues. Save twice and it updates. 2) I can edit qty, but I need to delete product image on the page outside quantity page before I do the final save to the listing. (Second save is stuck due to product image existing)
api usageebay issues
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi designerlivingus, We need more information to assist you. Can you provide your developer account username? Best Regards,
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marking post 'Accepted' due to lack of response on the forum.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
designerlivingus answered
![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1629-how-to-fix-on-ebay-api.jpg Basically: How do we solve this issue with api? Thanks.

10 |600

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi designerlivingus, Have you tried to re-upload to replace with new image of the item? Best Regards,
10 |600

0 Likes"
designerlivingus answered
Hi Zhouwei, We do not have a method to reupload a new image from our system. May I trouble you for alternative methods? Kind Regards, Allen
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.