question

science-specialists avatar image
0 Likes"
science-specialists asked

getInventoryItems returning duplicates and deleted inventory

Trying to audit our inventory and I'm getting odd responses from getInventoryItems. If I pull a full list, I get 3,350 items. Of those, there are 2,590 unique SKU's. That means there are 760 duplicate SKU's being returned. Some of those SKU's are items that I've already deleted. Calling getInventoryItem with a deleted of those SKU results in the correct "This item does not exist" response. Also, I have many SKU's currently active and selling in my store(created through the Sell API) that are not returned by getInventoryItems at all.
getinventoryitems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parts_rescue avatar image
1 Like"
parts_rescue answered
Great news @science-specialists . I got another message from support and they fixed this issue. I tested it and confirmed that I am no longer seeing any issues. A quick note. In the past, the response suggested that the offset was equal to the page (ie. offset=1 for page 2). So for each increasing page of results you would just increase the offset by 1. That is no longer the case and it took me a bit to realize that the offset is basically page times number of items requested. So if you return 200 items, for the first page of results the offset is 0, the second page of results, the offset is 200, the third page of results, the offset is 400 and so on. That might be obvious to others but it tripped me up for a bit since prior to this fix, the response suggested the offset should only be increase by 1.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parts_rescue avatar image
0 Likes"
parts_rescue answered
I have the same problem. I entered a ticket in premium support on September 9. Support confirmed there was an infrastructure problem. Two days ago, I got a response saying the issue was fixed. However, I tested and I see the same problem. I provided update call details including RLoginIDs so they can troubleshoot some more. I did not look at deleted items closely like you did. I just simply put all the skus that were returned into a spreadsheet and found a lot of duplicates and gaps. I see the same problem when I view my inventory at this link: https://www.ebay.com/sh/inv/manage (Note: I am not sure if this link will work for all sellers as I asked to be part of the Seller Hub pilot when I met the eBay development team at the developer conference at their headquarters in June. ) The other thing for me is that it only returns items that were created through migrateAPI. I don't get any of my new inventory I created using createInventoryAPI. Those skus are not returned using getInventoryItems.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.