question

ordrix66 avatar image
0 Likes"
ordrix66 asked

Unable to get Product listing using finditemsAdvanced API filters

Hi, Below is the issue I am encountering. I have used the findItemsAdvanced api of ebay to find the products using filters like Example: Color Red . But I am unable to get any items using the itemFilter in this api Also, If I am tying to use itemFilter with categoryId, I am unable to get any items. But if I try to find items by using categoryId WITHOUT itemFilter, I am getting items. Also, If I am trying to search the products with the keywords parameter, it is not giving any products. Even if i am trying to use itemFilter in this api, it is also not giving any products. I **have tried to test these scenarios in Ebay TestTool but it gives error as follows: "Internal application error."** and Error Id is 115. Reference: I have followed the instruction which is mentioned in the following article. https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html Here is my Request: $feed = ' smartphone 9355 Color Black 3 AspectHistogram '; $feed = trim($feed); $site_id = 0;//3 For UK $headers = array ( 'X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-APPNAME: ' . 'benGTech-benG-SBX-a2217b503-43ae8a78', 'X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME: ' . 'findItemsAdvanced', ); // Send request to eBay and load response in $response $connection = curl_init(); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_URL, ' http://svcs.sandbox.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1'); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $headers); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_POST, 1); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $feed); curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $result = curl_exec($connection); curl_close($connection); $array = json_decode(json_encode((array)simplexml_load_string($result)),1); //echo "
"; print_r($array); die;

if(($array['ack'] == 'Failure' || $array['ack'] == '') || count($array['searchResult']['item']) == 0)
  {
   $response['status'] = "0";
   $response['message'] = "Not Getting any Products for this keyword";
   //$response['data'] = $array['searchResult']['item'];
   header('Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8');
   echo json_encode($response);
   exit();
  }
  else if($array['ack'] == 'Success')
  {
   $response['status'] = "1";
   $response['message'] = "Getting Items Successfully.";
   $response['data'] = $array['searchResult']['item'];
   header('Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8');
   echo json_encode($response);
   exit();
  }

I would appreciate if you could help me address this issue.

Thanks,
search-apifiltersearch-listings
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hello @ordrix66, In order to make sure whether this issue is related to your own code or not, would you please try to call the API via a basic call and provide the request? Please also provide the response you got. Best Regards,
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ordrix66 avatar image
0 Likes"
ordrix66 answered
Hello Xiang, I have used the following test tool for the ebay API https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/build-test/test-tool/default.aspx?index=0&api=finding&call=findItemsAdvanced&variation=xml Following is the request of findAdvancedItems API smartphone Color Black 3 AspectHistogram And following is the response of the request which i sent. Failure 115 Marketplace Error System Internal application error. Search 1.13.0 2017-10-25T08:02:09.955Z 0 3 0 0 http://shop.sandbox.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=smartphone&_ddo=1&_ipg=3&_os=A%7CD&_pgn=1 So Please check it and share me how can I get the correct response and How can I filter the item listing. Thanks,
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hello ordrix66, I am able to execute the request without error if I chose production instead of sandbox. Are you using the sandbox or production? Best Regards,
10 |600

ordrix66 avatar image
0 Likes"
ordrix66 answered
Hello Xiang, We are using the sandbox. Thanks,
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hello @ordrix66 Thank you for the update. We are contacting the engineering team to fix it and will keep you updated in this thread. Best Regards,
10 |600

ordrix66 avatar image
0 Likes"
ordrix66 answered
Thanks Xiang. Looking forward to hearing back from you on the updates so that we can test it and move to production.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.