question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked

New Auction Format with Make Offer

EcommerceBytes_com had [an article recently][1] about a possible new eBay item format -- auction format, but with a Make Offer option added into the listing by eBay in certain cases. Has anyone seen this in the wild yet? Perhaps it's just a small test that EB got wind of and reported on. I'd like to dissect such items to see what ListingType they are, and verify they don't break my filtering & display options in my apps. [1]: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/10/1507693841.html
auctionlisting type
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Thanks for the heads up. Tamebay had an article and the ebay forums has a discussion but they all seem to be scared to post items. But it's simple enough with the Finding API. &itemFilter(0).name=ListingType&itemFilter(0).value(0)=Auction&itemFilter(0).value(1)=AuctionWithBIN&itemFilter(1).name=BestOfferOnly&itemFilter(1).value=true&keywords=black

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Doesn't make a lot of sense, but as far as I've seen, it only appears on Auction not on AuctionWithBIN.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Oh duh, right under my nose; thanks. (I love ez solutions.) I guess AuctionWithBIN is reserved just for auctions where a static BIN price has already been set. For these new BestOffer auctions, if the offer is accepted and item closes, I would assume the ListingType changes to FixedPrice/StoresInventory. Hard to tell (I've searched findCompletedItems) without eyeing a suitable auction in advance. Anyway, looks like this ListingType issue doesn't seem to disrupt any types or logic with the API. Now gotta check my apps, as this new behavior might break some assumptions/logic I've coded in the past where BestOffer was strictly a BIN/FP attribute.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.