question

travis_ssis avatar image
0 Likes"
travis_ssis asked

sandbox unable to upload pictures error

Trying to upload pictures to the sandbox with code that works fine on production (UploadSiteHostedPictures w/Binary encoded attachment), but on sandbox I am getting an error back of 2146697208 - The download of the specified resource has failed. I switch to production and it works fine, I can modify an item on sandbox fine using ReviseFixedPriceItem, so it doesn't appear to be a key/token issue, the error is returning right away from the httpxml send request and not returning an ebay xml response. it's been happening all morning/afternoon. Is there something funky going on with sandbox? I'm using VB6 & xmlhttp object in MS XML2 library. Our production DB makes lots of calls a day uploading pictures and posting fixed price items. I just need to test some things in sandbox but can't get it to work there.
sandboxuploadsitehostedpictures
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

travis_ssis avatar image
1 Like"
travis_ssis answered
Ugh, just seems to be incredibly unresponsive and problematic today. I just have to loop it in retries until it finally succeeds. In the past I've had it fail every now and then and I retry and it's fine. Today it's like retry 5 or 6 times for some reason, but eventually it goes through. Sorry for the post.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Currently there is an issue with the upload pictures in Sandbox and we are actively working on getting it fixed. We will let you know as soon as we fix it. Cheers!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.