question

bentobias avatar image
0 Likes"
bentobias asked

Need to access eBay APIs without logging in through a web page

Hello, I work for a company that sells on eBay. We would like to integrate our inventory management directly with eBay through the API. For example, when we receive new inventory, we would like to be able to enter that in our software and have it update eBay's quantity for the item automatically. We have users who are authorized to use our software but we don't want to give them our eBay login. Also, we would like the eBay updates to be invisible to our warehouse personnel. As far as I have read, to use the eBay APIs for doing any kind of updates requires an Oauth2 login from the user. This is not an option for this scenario. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? What are my options for talking to eBay's API system from our secure, on-site application? We can store keys and tokens safely, but we can't have our employees logging into eBay every time they use our software. There is a page that describes Oauth2 and client types here: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-details.html. It describes the Confidential client type. Is there any eBay API that implements this? If not, what are my choices? Thank you! Ben
apioauth2 oauth
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.