question

jac0117 avatar image
0 Likes"
jac0117 asked ·

Best way to create eBay Sniper?

I am trying to build an eBay sniper. I do see there's an PlaceOffer API which allows you to place bids. I am a bit puzzled on how to go about implementing my automatic bidding. 1. eBay seems to not like snipers for affiliate reasons mostly. I understand I must opt out of the affiliate program. 2. Am I allowed to use the eBay API to place bids on other users' behaves? Or do I need to do it via UI automation with a tool such as Selenium where the tool logs in with the user's credentials and enters a bid and clicks the bid button? Are you experienced in this area? Do you know what the best approach is?
automationsniping
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Asking for eBay user's username and password to place bids on eBay is not allowed at all as per API license. I suggest that you take a look at the PlaceOffer API Call. We also suggest that you can take a look at the Buy API's : https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/static/buying-ig-landing.html and see if that works better for you. Cheers!!
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Shulmani, How can we get access to PlaceOffer API? There's no up-to-date instruction on this. The instructions in PlaceOffer documentation doesn't work any more (mot of the links don't work). Also, the new Buy API doesn't support auction bid, does it? Thanks.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.