question

esagu avatar image
0 Likes"
esagu asked ·

Enable HitCounter using ReviseItem does not work

Hello, I tried to enable the **HitCounter** for one item using the trading API's **ReviseItem** method. When I call **GetItem** on the specific time I get the **HitCount** even if the **HitCounter** is set to **NoHitCounter**. But I need this value in **GetSellerList** because calling the HitCount hourly for 3k Items would be really awkward. Therefore I tried to enable the HitCounter using **ReviseItem**: $accessToken $itemId HiddenStyle The response says **Success** but the HitCounter ist sill set to **NoHitCounter**. Whats could be the reason eBay does not let me enable the HitCounter for the Item?
trading-apigetsellerlistreviseitemhitcount
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
js_lab_it avatar image
0 Likes"
js_lab_it answered ·
I do not know if you sell worldwide, or only in a restricted area, but perhaps you could avoid to call getItem from 00:00 to 06:00 local time: statistically during that hours there are very limited access. And using `OutputSelector` in a restrictive way, the response payload can be very tiny, and 3K call per hour are not a huge amount. Although the question should be "does it worth"? If for you this kind of info is important or relevant.. why not use it: daily call limit can be as high as 1.5M: 40 or 50K are surely not a problem for the system. Said that, IMHO, there are at least a couple of other solutions to achieve the same result.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.