question

parcel-empire avatar image
0 Likes"
parcel-empire asked ·

What are the steps and APIs To Set All Quantities To Zero, Then Later Set Them Back?

Hello, Which steps do I need to go through in order to set all my listing quantities to zero, then later restore them to how they were? If there is no single global account setting which I can change to do that, then I'm sure this project will take me several weeks/months. Do I have to do something like this: Step 1: Retrieve every listing number. Step 2: Save the list to a file. Step 3: Read through the file line by line, and for each listing number, retrieve the item quantity. Step 4: Append the file, adding the item quantity with each listing number. Step 5: Set each listing's item quantity to zero. I'm using Visual Basic .NET 2010 and all my listings are GTC. Some of my listings are multi-variation, and some are not. Could somebody please point me in the right direction by telling me which API calls I should use for the above eBay steps, and if possible how to handle multi-variation listings? It will save me months of going down the wrong path. Thank you.
api callzero stock
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi @parcel-empire, Thanks for your response. We do not have any API which lets you know how many days or months or years you can go back In time. I would suggest to add additional filters and also, you can increase the number of days to 120 instead of 90 days. Please refer to the documentation of GetSellerList for more information: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetSellerList.html#Request.StartTimeFrom Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
parcel-empire answered ·
I'm now using `GetSellerList.StartTimeFilter` in a loop to retrieve all listings in batches of 3-month periods. I have it looping back almost a couple of years in total which is very slow and (usually) unnecessary. So, how do I know how far back in time to go? Is there an API function which provides the date of the earliest created listing?

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @parcel-empire, True. LMS is complicated for smaller number of listing. Please refer to https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1572 for more information on Multi-Variations. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
parcel-empire answered ·
Please ignore the above question, I've just discovered `IncludeVariations = True` and `item.Variations.Variation.Count.ToString()` which seems to make a solution possible. Thanks.

0 Likes"
parcel-empire answered ·
Hello @Sree, Thanks for your reply, it got me really started by looking deeply into LMS until I found an [article][1] that made me realise it's too complicated for my small number of listings. I then discovered FrmReviseItem in the eBay ' VB.NET Samples' project which I've used and adapted the ReviseInventoryStatus call to successfully change the quantity in a standard listing and then in a multi-variation listing. The problem now is, (a) how to programmatically check whether a listing is multi-variation or not? If it's multi-variation, (b) how do I know how many SKUs there are, and (c) retrieve all the SKU names? I'm using the GetSellerList call. Thanks. [1]: https://medium.com/on-coding/dont-write-your-api-this-way-a1b745078b94

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @parcel-empire, Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, we do not have that option. However, if you are using LMS, you can send in bunch of files and call ReviseItem family calls to Update the item quantity to 0. Hope this answers your question. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
parcel-empire answered ·
Would it be against the rules to encourage answers by offering £10 Paypal for the best / only answer?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.