question

riaahriaah_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
riaahriaah_0 asked ·

How to get notification when seller changes the price of any product?

I am developing and application using eBay Buy API, I will fetch products from eBay and will create pages for each product in my CMS and populate them on my site. My application should display accurate data like price and quantity all the time when ever seller changes any thing in product. Is there any API/web hook eBay provides if there is any change in product details like seller changes price or quantity? Thanks in advance for your help!
apiebay-apiebay api helpbuying
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

riaahriaah_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
riaahriaah_0 answered ·
thanks @helios825 for providing the resources. Client alerts API recommends to use polling, however i am looking for push notification approach, if eBay allows. For example if eBay provides a public channel say "Items" and consumers are subscribed to the same channel, if there is a change in any product price, eBay notify all the subscribers of the "Items" channel along with ProductId/ItemId.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You may want to learn about these 2 things: 1) Platform Notifications and/or 2) Client Alerts I know little about them myself, but they sound like what you're seeking. And it's possible that the Buy API, being brand new, has something analogous (I'm not sure) on eBay's new API platform. Here are a couple docs pages to get you started: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/client-alerts/docs/Concepts/ClientAlertsAPIGuide.html http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/howto/Notifications/Notifications_listing.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.