question

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf asked ·

Get all epID's compatible with a given listing's product...

Is there a way to get all epIDs compatible with a product in a given listing? I know GetItem will give me an ItemCompatibliy list, but this doesn't give me the epIDs for each item in the list. Just the list that would be displayed in the listing (Year, Make, Model, etc). Also, GetItem requires a bunch of authentication that I'd like to avoid since I'm just searching for public info. I don't mind doing multiple calls (maybe do a search on the listing id to get the Product ID and then do another call to return all the epIDs compatible with that ID?). Is there a simple way to do this?
epiditemcompatibilitylist
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf answered ·
OK, I will have to go with my two-pronged approach of getting the Compatibility list using GetSingleItem and then doing a db query on the csv file to get the epID for each item in the list. Based on what the user has told me, there is no way to "link" a compatibility list from a listing to a fixed MPN or UPC or epID or ProductID or anything else since the user manually populates the product compatibility list when they list the item. Even if they did specify a Product ID (which as you mentioned, they may or may not have), it's still possible that they would have selected a different Product Compatibility list for their listing. Thanks for all of the input. It looks like I'll just have to do this one the "hard" way.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
My approach was to take the title of the item and then keyword search that with fIA. But I had to adjust it to get more results so it's not very clean to automate. **It doesn't look like there's a way to do this using the API. I don't see any way to get an epID list from a listing ID (even using multiple calls).** fIA returns ProductID when it is provided as with the sample. So it's an issue with how the sellers are listing. fIA using the MPN or UPC in the keywords field will give a list of matching items, which may or may not have the ProductID, depending on how the seller lists. And some items just won't be in eBay's product database, so the sellers can't provide the ID. GetProductCompatibilities takes UPC too. You can get that with GetSingleItem/GetMultipleItems using the ItemSpecifics selector. So that might be another way in if the seller provides it. You may have to resort to keyword selection, or the csv database xref you described, or just skip the listings that don't provide the required data.

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf answered ·
The problem with findItemAdvanced is that I'm not searching by keywords, I'm searching for a specific listing ID. I want to know the epIDs for all of the compatibilities listed in any given listing. It doesn't look like there's a way to do this using the API. I don't see any way to get an epID list from a listing ID (even using multiple calls). The only thing I've figured out so far is that I can use GetSingleItem with an IncludeSelector of "Compatibility" to get the list of Year/Make/Model/etc that is compatible with that listing, and then I'll have to do a db lookup on the Powersports csv file that is on the downloads page (linked to above) to get the epID.

0 Likes"
GetSingleItem is only going to return a product if a product was used to create the listing. Compatibilities are shown on the listing page, but maybe that's based on the MPN? Did you try getProductCompatibilities with the MPN ? I don't use that call, so just guessing. Another approach is to use findItemAdvanced with the MPN or description. This example returns a few ReferenceIDs. While using MPN returns none. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SECURITY-APPNAME=APPID&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-MOTOR&keywords=polaris%20rzr%20mirror&descriptionSearch=true You may have to use EBAY-MOTOR or siteid=100 when going for vehicle parts. The search page is not for searching ePIDs. Search the part number, it returns ePIDs.

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf answered ·
Here is the unbroken link to getting product compatibility: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2089 The sample item on that page works just fine: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/marketplacecatalog/ProductService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=getProductCompatibilities&SECURITY-APPNAME=YOURAPPID∏uctIdentifier.ePID=74488836 Using my AppID, that URL works, but getting the API to work isn't the problem. Knowing how to get what info from where using which call is the problem. As for getting ProductID (Reference ID?) when I try GetSingleItem, it simply doesn't return the ProductID field (since it is only returned conditionally, and I don't know how to trigger that condition). http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML≈pid=YOURAPPID&siteid=1&version=897&ItemID=252404342591&IncludeSelector=Details Also, the link you provided doesn't return results no matter which epID I use (be it one from the csv download or the epID from the first sample above). Is that even the same type of epID search?

0 Likes"
ePID is used some places and Reference ID others. Try using the sample item first to see if you can get it working. That should eliminate issues caused by item not in the database. http://www.ebay.com/parts/lookup?catelogID=&keywordID=&keyword=45473+&catalog=517&sortOrder=&sortField= Post actual URL examples of your API requests so we don't have to guess. And avoid using punctuation after URLs that you post, they break the links.

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf answered ·
So, this it getting more confusing. Does "epID" refer to two different things? Because one seems to refer to the Product itself, and another seems to be a unique ID used in the compatibility listing. In the downloads found on this page: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/compatibility/download.html, there is an epID number for each record. But when I try to look up compatibility using the getProductCompatibilities sample on this page: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2089, that's not the right epID. All of the calls fail. Supposedly I can get the epID (which epID?) of the listing by returning the ProductID field using GetSingleItem or GetMultipleItems, but the documentation says that field is only "conditionally" returned, and so far none of the example listings I've tried (which all have compatibility info on them) return the ProductID field, even though I'm specifying "Details" in my IncludeSelector. Does anyone know more about this?

watyf avatar image
0 Likes"
watyf answered ·
Yes, the Master Powersports Vehicle List download is pretty much what I'm looking to cross-reference, but I want to just get the compatibility list from an active listing. So I feed it a listing ID and it feeds me the list of epIDs that are compatible with the product in that listing.

0 Likes"
Don't see any way to cross-reference off hand, but look at this: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/compatibility/download.html Download and APIs that might help. There's an overview in the Others section. Also for manual lookups: http://www.ebay.com/parts/lookup

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.