question

robotserg avatar image
0 Likes"
robotserg asked

findItemsByCategory - internal Application error

I am trying to use Finding API -> findItemsByCategory, but I get error message "Internal application error" with errorId = 115, how do I fix it??? ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1589-screenshot.png Thanks for any help
finding-apifinditemsbycategory
screenshot.png (164.2 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Firstly, error#115 (Internal application error) refers to a problem on eBay's end. In my experience, it's an infrequent error that can usually be worked around by re-calling the API. Occasionally, waiting a few seconds is necessary. But, it's a pretty uncommon error, so I don't worry about it. More importantly, you are using the Sandbox, which isn't recommended for these types of read-only API calls, such as the Finding API. Just use the Production endpoint on live data. eBay is OK with that for read-only calls, and you can avoid the limitations of Sandbox, which tends to have a lot of bugs. Next, know that the category you are requesting is within eBay Motors. While you may be able to get away with using the GlobalID of EBAY-US, you should first attempt using EBAY-MOTOR, the proper GlobalID for the category you are requesting data from.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robotserg avatar image
0 Likes"
robotserg answered
Thank you @helios825, it help me!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.