question

stephiems8 avatar image
2 Likes"
stephiems8 asked ·

Sandbox environment is an absolute load of garbage

I seriously cannot believe that a company like eBay has such an incredibly useless sandbox area. I cannot remember the password for my sandbox account, and the password reset doesn't work. So I had to create a new sandbox user. The new user I set to have joined eBay in 2010, yet I can't give feedback without getting an error. It requires you to be a user for more than 5 days to leave feedback. It isn't even worth mentioning that almost every single link clicked doesn't work. It is literally impossible for me to do testing within the eBay sandbox. It means any integration with eBay has to be tested by users...of course then if they have issues it is impossible to create sandbox accounts to try to fix their issues. eBay should be ashamed of itself.
sandboxsandbox-problemsandbox not working
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stephiems8 avatar image
1 Like"
stephiems8 answered ·
@krich_developersupport It was not the losing my ability to login to my account that frustrated me. It was the fact that after I lost the ability to login, and I create another account, I get an error with my new account that I can't leave feedback for 5 days because my account is new. This is despite the fact that I set my new test account up to have joined in 2010. While I agree sometimes production functionality isn't necessary in a sandbox, password reset should be available. I have integrated with tons and tons of applications. None of them have been as horrible as eBay. Especially when functionality is removed from the person and they have to wait 5 days to continue testing their application. I mean really, who would look at this situation and in any way say it is okay. I forgot my password on my sandbox account, so in order to continue testing my application, I need to sign up a new sandbox user and WAIT 5 DAYS. There could be an extremely urgent issue with my app, and now I'm delayed for 5 days because a user in the Sandbox environment is unable to leave feedback. I am even more frustrated by the fact that the responding answer only covered part of my frustration and didn't even bring up the major bug in the app. A "we have submitted your bug into our issue log" would have been a lot more comforting.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

krich_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
krich_developersupport answered ·
While the Sandbox should have parity with the Production environment, there are many cases where it does not make sense to mirror the functionality of the Production environment in the Sanadbox. See the following KB article for more on this: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=684 I understand it can be frustrating to loose the ability to log into an account. I've gotten into the habit of setting all my Sandbox test account passwords to the same password (across many Sandbox environments), that makes it easier to remember the password for the faux accounts.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.