question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked ·

[Bug] findCompletedItems is Falsely Reporting bestOfferEnabled=false on Many Items

I've been noticing recently that the findCompletedItems (fCI) API call (in the Finding API) is suddenly having problems with items that ended via BestOffer (or at least had it enabled while active). This seems to have started within the past few weeks. I'm not sure exactly when. It's apparent in 2 ways: 1) Many items being returned by the call that should show bestOfferEnabled as true aren't; they're showing false. See this example call. It's aiming for a specific item title "Topps Huddle Five Star Signature Silver Lawrence Taylor Digital 225cc rare" (item#202027054646). http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=_______&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=Topps+Huddle+Five+Star+Signature+Silver+Lawrence+Taylor+Digital+225cc+rare bestOfferEnabled is reported false here, but GetSingleItem (GSI) (in the Shopping API) shows that bestOfferEnabled is actually true. **Many** more item examples are easy to find. Just search fCI for BIN items in a popular collectible category and spot-check a few items with GSI/GMI. 2) When filtering the API call request by BestOfferOnly and SoldItemsOnly, very few BestOffer items are returned, when many many more should be. See this example. Completed ttems with "silver" in the title, sold items only, where Best Offer was enabled/used. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=_______&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=silver⁢emFilter(0).name=SoldItemsOnly⁢emFilter(0).value(0)=true⁢emFilter(1).name=BestOfferOnly⁢emFilter(1).value(0)=true At the moment, I'm seeing ~43 items total, all ended within the last ~10 hours. The fCI call goes back several weeks. I would expect to see MANY more results. So far, it seems that various BestOffer items are still included in results that don't filter on BestOfferOnly, but they often aren't flagged at such (they show as false), as noted above. Again, this odd behavior began within the past few weeks, and up until that point for several years items were properly noted in the call response as BestOffer. I would imagine the same root cause is affecting both manifestations above -- for some reason, many ended BestOffer items being read by fCI just aren't having that attribute carried over into the call, either for return in item results that do return, or for filtering based on input. Bonus #3) **Another** related problem: Certain calls to fCI are immediately oscillating between no-results and a proper list of results. (Something similar [has happened before][1] with fCI.) Here's an example http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=_________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=Topps&categoryId=212⁢emFilter(0).name=SoldItemsOnly⁢emFilter(0).value(0)=true⁢emFilter(1).name=BestOfferOnly⁢emFilter(1).value(0)=true Drop it into your browser and Ctrl-F5 to refresh several times. It seems about 50% of the time no results are returned. (The rest of the time results are returned, but far fewer than expected -- another example of #2 up above) This is frustrating. The problem goes away if I remove 1 of the 2 item filters. Seems like some of the API servers are not able to handle it. Anyone else noticing these issues themselves? eBay, please confirm these issues and file a bugfix. Thank you! [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/18851/is-anyone-else-having-problems-with-their-findcomp.html?sort=newest
findcompleteditemsbugbug report
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
The eBay Dev team has repaired these problems.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
For any1 following along... I've just filed an eBay Dev DTS ticket on this issue, so hopefully that'll speed up repair.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.