question

netbayrelay avatar image
0 Likes"
netbayrelay asked ·

FindItemsAdvanced (STP) discountPriceInfo

Hello, is it possible to return the "discountpriceinfo" (STP) in the REST search result xml data also? Can I change the version to something other than "771"? $.ajax({ type: "POST", url: ' http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=FindItemsAdvanced', dataType: "jsonp", jsonp: "callbackname", crossDomain: true, data: { 'appid': '???', 'version': '771', 'siteid': '0', 'requestencoding': 'JSON', 'responseencoding': 'JSON', 'QueryKeywords': q, 'MaxEntries': '10', 'callback': true }, success: function (object) { alert("ok"); }, error: function (object, x, errorThrown) { alert("call failure"); } }); Thanks in advance.
api call
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlshimer avatar image
0 Likes"
carlshimer answered ·
> It's literally the first bullet point in the documentation for findItemsAdvanced. Thanks Buddy for the attitude!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

netbayrelay avatar image
0 Likes"
netbayrelay answered ·
Sorry, I was mixing the Shopping and Finding API. The Shopping API is not returning the STP but the Finding API does. If I paste the below URL in a browser window with my appname it works. How can I code this to work in javascript with the XMLHttpRequest or AJAX POST like the Shopping API? The code below does not work and I tried AJAX and could not get it to work either. var URL = " http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords"; + "&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0" + "&SECURITY-APPNAME=???" + "&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=harry potter"; var jsonXHR = new XMLHttpRequest(); jsonXHR.open('POST', URL, false); jsonXHR.send(); Thanks.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
It's literally the first bullet point in the documentation for findItemsAdvanced.

carlshimer avatar image
0 Likes"
carlshimer answered ·
"Finding uses GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-MOTOR" LOL. Thanks for the insight. This kind of stuff is not obvious.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Motors aside, with FindingAPI.fIA I've seen plenty of live examples of items in a response that are tagged as STP, but which oddly don't include the strike-through price. In my code, I've learned to check for both "STP" and the presence of the original price before handling it as an STP-designated item.

0 Likes"
**ok, well straight from the test console. This is for an eBay motors category.** You are again mixing Shopping and Finding API. Site-ID 100 is a Shopping setting. Finding uses GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-MOTOR. The OP was using SiteID=0 (US) This item when requested thru EBAY-MOTOR shows the STP/MAP info. But when requested thru EBAY-US it does not. Since you don't seem to be specifying GLOBAL-ID properly, it would be reverting to the default EBAY-US. But I would expect STP/MAP to show in both cases. The price returned thru EBAY-US is the discount price. So that's probably a bug in the -US handling of -MOTOR items. Motors related bugs like this where the two paths give different results are very common with the API. In some cases you have to use US, in others MOTORS.

carlshimer avatar image
0 Likes"
carlshimer answered ·
ok, well straight from the test console. This is for an eBay motors category. That's the request: X-EBAY-API-SITEID: 100 179413 3 2009 BMW 535i xDrive UnitPriceInfo,GalleryInfo,SellerInfo The data that comes back doesn't have the discountPriceInfo. However, if you run the same basic query on the website you get items that have strike through prices. Example: https://www.ebay.com/sch/Accessories/179413/i.html?_from=R40&_vxp=mtr&_nkw=BMW+2009+535i+xDrive

0 Likes"
You both need to post specific examples so people don't have to guess which items you might be talking about and what errors (like using the wrong API) you might be making that could cause the issue. discountPriceInfo seems to be working fine here. Look at item: 182704349697 findItemsAdvanced returns: 1208.9 DuringCheckout MAP

carlshimer avatar image
0 Likes"
carlshimer answered ·
Oh I see. The original poster was talking about the Shopping API variant of findItemsAdvanced. findItemsAdvanced is also in the Finding API as documented here: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/index.html Unfortunately, it ALSO does not appear to return the discountPriceInfo data.

0 Likes"
The FindItemsAdvanced Shopping API call was deprecated years ago and it did not support STP price. Use the Finding API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.