question

owen1337 avatar image
0 Likes"
owen1337 asked ·

GetSellerListCall - Get Active Listings Only?

Hi, I'm trying to get all the active items listed so I can retrieve the item description and item ID to make changes and then revise. Currently I am using GetSellerListCall as this seems to be the only way from what I've read to get a list of items listed by the user. The problem with this is that I'm getting a total of 85 pages back and I'm receiving 200 items per page using Pagination and as you may have worked out, that's equal to ~17,000 (presuming there is exactly 200 on the very last page too). This seems to be wrong as we only see ~2,800 on the dashboard as listed. Is this 17,000 a total of archived listings that have expired as well as active listings? If so, is there a way to only get active listings? I'm using C# for this project. Thanks,
.NETc#listingsgetsellerlistcall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
I assume from your description that you didn't read the instructions about how the result set could be large and the request has to limit them: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Items-Retrieving.html#BrowsingaSellersItems Use findItemsAdvanced (Finding API ) to get active items. You can use GetMultipleItems (ShoppingAPI) to fetch descriptions. Then use ReviseItem (Trading API) to update them.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.