question

galicijoselui0 avatar image
0 Likes"
galicijoselui0 asked

I want to do a searching by keywords and get all sold products by range of dates

I am adding a searching in my application. and I want to get a list of all sold products and calculate a n average by price. for example: I could write: keywords: Iphone 7 initial date: 2017/08/01 final date: 201/08/13 I want to get all sold products with Iphone 7 between the two dates. I am using findCompletedItems operation. is it the correct operation? regards
apirange of dates
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have you figured out?
0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
It does sound like you have selected an appropriate API call, findCompletedItems, for your needs. That call goes back several weeks (or more, depending on category perhaps), so be aware of its limitations for the time frames you seek. Also, the API call has daily limits which you need to keep in mind as you query for sales data and compute your averages. There's some language (a warning) in the API License about aggregating large quantities of data from eBay, and how it may possibly be prohibited in some cases, so you may want to review the API License and see if any of that may apply to your use case.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

galicijoselui0 avatar image
0 Likes"
galicijoselui0 answered
Thanks for your asking: I am having a problem. I am sending the range of dates but it seems not working well. my api call is: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=[VALUE HERE]&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&keywords=breitling+avenger&itemFilter(0).name=StartTimeFrom&itemFilter(0).value=2016-05-01T00:00:00&itemFilter(1).name=EndTimeFrom&itemFilter(1).value=2017-08-14T23:59:59&itemFilter(2).name=SoldItemsOnly&itemFilter(2).value=1 I am using: StartTimeFrom and EndTimeFrom are correct that parameters? I am getting the same results, it seems to be only August. I use attribute and copy the url and open the page. The ended field only says August. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1547-date-ended.png thanks

date-ended.png (251.6 KiB)

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
EndTimeFrom means items AFTER that date. Use EndTimeTo. StartTimeFrom has nothing to do with when an item ended. It selects items by when they were listed. Read the docs: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/finding/CallRef/types/ItemFilterType.html Use EndTimeFrom and EndTimeTo to get items in a range. Not specifying EndTimeTo is the same as now. Use **only** EndTimeFrom to get recently ended listings.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.