question

savetronix avatar image
0 Likes"
savetronix asked ·

Having issue while issuing return

Hi, We are getting error while issuing a refund. Please help. We are using Paypal Payflow Merchant Service in Ebay instead of regular paypal. This is the Call we are making post-order/v2/return/ 000...../issue_refund { "comments":{ "content":"Issued Refund." }, "refundDetail":{ "itemizedRefundDetail":[ { "refundAmount":{ "value":24.9, "currency":"USD" }, "refundFeeType":"PURCHASE_PRICE" }, { "refundAmount":{ "value":0, "currency":"USD" }, "refundFeeType":"ORIGINAL_SHIPPING" }, { "refundAmount":{ "value":0, "currency":"USD" }, "refundFeeType":"RETURN_SHIPPING" } ], "totalAmount":{ "value":24.9, "currency":"USD" } } } Error we are getting { "error":[ { "errorId":1603, "domain":"returnErrorDomain", "severity":"ERROR", "category":"REQUEST", "message":"Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "parameter":[ { "value":"Refund option: other is not applicable", "name":"message" } ], "longMessage":"Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "httpStatusCode":400 } ] } I would really appreciate the help. Thank you Kiman
issue refund
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sandeep.dhiman avatar image
1 Like"
sandeep.dhiman answered ·
Hi savetronix, From the request, looks like that only PURCHASE_PRICE is intended to be refunded. Try to remove ORIGINAL_SHIPPING and RETURN_SHIPPING from itemizedRefundDetail list in the request and submit request again. Best Regards, Sandeep, eBay Developers Program

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sandeep.dhiman avatar image
0 Likes"
sandeep.dhiman answered ·
Hello savetronix, This could be because of return reason "Missing Part" might had been recorded in the system. Can you please file a support ticket [here][1] and provide seller id and return id. Thanks, Sandeep, eBay Developers Program [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

savetronix avatar image
0 Likes"
savetronix answered ·
Hi Sandeep, I was successfully able to make the call after removing the ORIGINAL_SHIPPING and RETURN_SHIPPING where I was trying to issue a full refund. But i am having another issue where I need to charge them a 20 % restocking fee and ebay api assumed that we are giving then full refund. Below is the case: The customer created a return and choose reason as missing parts but when we got the item it was fine and had a note saying no longer wanted. I made the same call as you state above with reducing 20 % from the purchase price. Example: post-order/v2/return/ 000...../issue_refund { "comments":{ "content":"Issued Refund." }, "refundDetail":{ "itemizedRefundDetail":[ { "refundAmount":{ "value":19.9, "currency":"USD" }, "refundFeeType":"PURCHASE_PRICE" }], "totalAmount":{ "value":19.9, "currency":"USD" } } } It went through but ebay assumed that we are giving them a full refund, not sure what I am doing wrong on this one. Thank you so much for the help. Kiman

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.