question

dedicatednetwork avatar image
0 Likes"
dedicatednetwork asked ·

Getting error - grant type in request is not supported by the authorization server when requesting App Token

Hi, I'm trying to configure an existing application at my company to work with the Ebay REST API. Goal is to be able to request the public descriptions for short list of items (<1000) to get prices, and I want to test against production data (I have a set of real items I am interested in. As a first step I'm submitting a request for the OAth token via postman to make sure there are no issues, but getting error { "error": "unsupported_grant_type", "error_description": "grant type in request is not supported by the authorization server" } The cURL is below, and I thiught it looked right, but obviously not curl -X POST \ https://api.ebay.com/identity/v1/oauth2/token \ -H 'authorization: Basic JackIngo-Dedicate-PRD-e8e06383e-54c79c36:(Client Secret)' \ -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \ -H 'content-type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW' \ -H 'postman-token: 5b942951-00cb-90e0-dd34-327ba41f73f2' \ -F redirect_uri=Jack_Ingoldsby-JackIngo-Dedica-xttnjhte \ -F grant_type=client_credentials \ -F scope= https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope Any thoughts/input would be appreciated
oauth2rest apitokensapplication key
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
austiwend_4 avatar image
0 Likes"
austiwend_4 answered ·
Could be a nonissue, but you're setting Content-Type to multipart/form-data. It needs to be set to x-www-form-urlencoded
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.