question

watcfinde_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
watcfinde_0 asked

Consistency in Autonomous API calls

Hi hope someone can help me, I have been using a eBay service that I wrote with a college about a year ago to push items to our eBay store automatically when they are published on our site, and vice versa when then sell on the eBay store. I used the .NET trading SDK v981. The calls i used were: - AddFixedPriceItemCall - EndFixedPriceItemCall For about 3 months the service worked quite reliably and would remove items or post them within minutes of the trigger happening. Then it got slightly unreliable, taking longer than expected to remove or add items. Then it got worse, taking up to 3-4 hours to perform the request. Finally it refused to acknowledge random listings and products entirely when attempting to add or end items. This all meant we switched off automated process and the notification broadcasts from eBay and did everything with manual buttons that users pushed to upload or remove products. My question is, will the API ever be consistent enough for me to rely on these calls. As the same calls are still being triggered manually absolutely fine, that seam to randomly fail / take forever when done autonomously? Thanks Dan Taylor Watchfinder & Co
#tradingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered
Hi @watcfinde_0, Dan, Can you please send us the sample code that you are using. We currently do not have any issues with the APIs or the SDKs. Since you mentioned that it was working before, can you please answer the following: 1) Has something changed in your system since few months that might be affecting the calls to perform. 2) How many number of items are you adding or ending ? 3) Has the number of items changed (increased) ? 4) Your eBay UserID or seller ID? Best Regards, eBay Developer Support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com @ sree_developersupport please support to me https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/22470/service-is-extremely-and-extremely-bad.html
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.