question

bulbsdotcom_inc avatar image
0 Likes"
bulbsdotcom_inc asked ·

Unable to link sandbox account to paypal sandbox account.

Clearly I'm not the only person with this problem, but the answer to all the others seems to always be that eBay support perform the link through the back end. So I'm hoping they'll jump in and do this for me. Problem - Clicking the link 'Link to my PayPal account' opens a window to the PayPal sandbox and a 'Create an account' page - even if I'm already logged into my PayPal sandbox account. Only options available are a link at the bottom 'Return to eBay'. Clicking on that redirects to the production eBay site. For the record, I did try to create a new PayPal sandbox account through this workflow, which I did successfully, but I was just left in the PayPal sandbox, logged in to my new account, but no way to actually link back to the eBay sandbox. This in no way resembles the production workflow, where clicking on 'Link to my PayPal account' redirects to PayPal and log-in screen. As soon as the log-in screen is completed, you get a 'You are now linked' message. I had no problem linking our production eBay account to our real PayPal account.
paypalacsandb
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ankit_developersupport, Can you please help link it for me too? **Seller Account:** eBay Username: TESTUSER_rmseller PayPal: rmseller@business.example.com **Buyer Account:** eBay Username: TESTUSER_ricemill PayPal: rmbuyer@personal.example.com Thank you. Chew
0 Likes 0 · ·
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @nikovalk_0, Please submit contact us the ticket to link the sandbox to Paypal. Please go through the below link. Link:- https://developer.ebay.com/contact-us#help-with-the-ebay-sandbox Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nikovalk_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
nikovalk_0 answered ·
Please link my sandbox and paypal sandbox accounts ebay sandbox : TESTUSER_buyer_iwv Paypal : buyer@iwv-cloud.de ebay sandbox : TESTUSER_seller_iwv Paypal : seller@iwv-cloud.de

nikovalk_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
nikovalk_0 answered ·
Please link my sandbox and paypal sandbox accounts ebay sandbox : TESTUSER_buyer_iwv Paypal : buyer@iwv-cloud.de ebay sandbox : TESTUSER_seller_iwv Paypal : seller@iwv-cloud.de

parmark-92 avatar image
0 Likes"
parmark-92 answered ·
So this appears to still not be working and has not worked for at least 3 years and requires public community forum posts to manually request linking which isn't very secure and shouldn't be acceptable even for sandbox accounts. So many things do not work from the Sandbox UI making it unusable for 80% of any real testings. When will the sandbox be working?

avul-chand avatar image
0 Likes"
avul-chand answered ·
Please link my sandbox and paypal sandbox accounts ebay sandbox : testuser_thejustbrand Paypal : sb-gkjuo1036602@business.example.com

sale-outlet avatar image
0 Likes"
sale-outlet answered ·
Why you deleted my comment, could you please link my accounts too?

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
HI @da410079, We apologize for the inconvenience, as the self-service eBay/PayPal sandbox linking does not work at this time. We have successfully linked testuser_mpxvnn to maidanhcongtu-buyer@gmail.com for you. Thank you for your patience. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

da410079 avatar image
0 Likes"
da410079 answered ·
I aslo had that problem I want to test API AddItem add I want to have a paypal account link to standbox ebay but seem did not work for me. Can you please help me link it for me? Here is my account testuser_mpxvnn : maidanhcongtu-buyer@gmail.com I really need it to test AddItem api please help me otherwise I have no idea to go on

daperk42 avatar image
0 Likes"
daperk42 answered ·
They want you to buy support tickets now before they will help you. Nice way to run a business...

jaktenstid1_6 avatar image
0 Likes"
jaktenstid1_6 answered ·
Please, link my accounts, it is really painful to use your sandbox... TESTUSER_JackHamen : jaktenstid1-merchant@gmail.com TESTUSER_JackHamen2 : jaktenstid1-buyer@gmail.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.