question

pcrecyclerva avatar image
0 Likes"
pcrecyclerva asked ·

ProductID by Category ID

I've looked at both the Shopping API and the Finding API. I'm trying to ebay Product IDs to use in the Add Item call. My issue is that I can get them from Find Products call in the Shopping API but I can't narrow the results by Category. In the finditemsadvanced call I can see you can narrow down by category but I'm only looking for eBay Catalog products and nothing else. Any suggestions?
finditemsadvancedshopping api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Well, keywords weren't part of your original question. Just use findItemsAdvanced and build a list of productIds from the items that do provide them, ignoring the rest.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pcrecyclerva avatar image
0 Likes"
pcrecyclerva answered ·
You are correct it does but you can not use both QuerKeyword and CategoryID at the same time. https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/shopping/docs/CallRef/FindProducts.html Include a Category ID number in your request to restrict your query to a specific category. The request requires a single one of these three elements: QueryKeywords, ProductID, or CategoryID, and can only include one of the three.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
FindProducts has a CategoryID parameter. If you are having specific issues, post a sample URL request and the relevant portion of the response.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.