question

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian asked

Searching sometimes does not return all results [BUG]

Hello, I have noticed that searching ebay sometimes does not return all the items that are available. Repeating the same search again and again, sometimes returns all the items and sometimes not. I have narrowed down my search for you to check such a case, where the same http get, sometimes returns the laptop and sometimes not. The item id that is not returned is "201974277374". If you don't get it first time you submit the request then try it again an you'll see that it will appear. Is this an ebay's bug? http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1? SECURITY-APPNAME= &OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced &SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0 &GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-IE &paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100 &outputSelector=SellerInfo &keywords=970m+nvidia &descriptionSearch=true &sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest &categoryId=177 &itemFilter(0).name=Condition &itemFilter(0).value(0)=1000 &itemFilter(0).value(1)=1500 &itemFilter(0).value(2)=1750 &itemFilter(1).name=AvailableTo &itemFilter(1).value(0)=GB &itemFilter(2).name=LocatedIn &itemFilter(2).value(0)=NL &itemFilter(3).name=MinPrice &itemFilter(3).value=50.00 &itemFilter(3).paramName=Currency &itemFilter(3).paramValue=EUR &itemFilter(4).name=MaxPrice &itemFilter(4).value=450.00 &itemFilter(4).paramName=Currency &itemFilter(4).paramValue=EUR
finding-apibug
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Confirmed. It returns the result 10-20% of the time. Just out of curiosity, why are you searching the IE site for items listed in DE, located in NL and available to GB? Seems unnecessarily complicated. But the results are the same if you search EBAY-NL or EBAY-DE.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian answered
I was just playing with the various ebay options to see whether this is due to a particular set of options, but I concluded that it has nothing to do with it. Don't take the example, as a "real" search scenario example. This problem seems to happen with other searches I happened to make, so now that you confirmed it too, I am pretty sure that is ebay's bug and not my app's
10 |600

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hi all, The engineering team is investigating the issue and we will keep you update. Best Regards,
10 |600

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hello @hadjgian, This issue has been discussed among several teams. The latest engineering team told me that this issue cannot be reproduced. Can you please help to check whether your original issue still exists or not? Best Regards,
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
10 |600

igannos avatar image
0 Likes"
igannos answered
I have noticed that it does not happen that often, but it still happens. The item 263108477819 is one of them.
10 |600

jancyv avatar image
0 Likes"
jancyv answered
Hi All, The API is working as expected for the item id you mentioned "263108477819". If you search this item in ebay.com you see no results returned and that is what the API is also returning. Please refer API doc for more details and let us know if you have any more questions https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html#Request.keywords
10 |600

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian answered
I have put a loop on "263108477819" to check every 5 mins and indeed sometimes it is not returned.
10 |600

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian answered
Any update on this? Any plans to fix it? @xiang.developersupport,Any update on this? Any plans to fix it?
10 |600

xiang.developersupport avatar image xiang.developersupport commented ·
Hi @hadjgian, The engineering team told me that they couldn't reproduce the issue. Would you please provide the sample request, the response (tell me explicitly which recorded is not returned) again? Best Regards,
0 Likes 0 ·
katubdan-8857 avatar image
0 Likes"
katubdan-8857 answered

Seems the issue still exists. Cannot get "284963015400" by searching "KADEOS" via findItemsAdvanced or findItemsByKeywords.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.