question

faby-76 avatar image
0 Likes"
faby-76 asked ·

Strikethrough Price - INFO & GENERAL

Hi everyone I would like to activate Strikethrough Price in my account but I would ask before questions: -In addition to telling my account manager the activation request for the Strikethrough Price - should I also contact the developer in production support via activation ticket? -I can I choose to publish fixed price articles or Strikethrough Pricing? (In the sense that: are I required to always post items with Strikethrough Pricing after activation?) The other question is: Ok in publishing an article with Strikethrough Pricing - But I did not find API references in reviseInventoryStatus call in the price review Strikethrough and Quantity - which is a call api that I use in the automatic inventory update management Can you help me with that?
strikethrough pricing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marshncsu avatar image
0 Likes"
marshncsu answered ·
You don't have to post strikethrough pricing for all listings, but within a specific listing you must be consistent among all items (variations). The elements are not available in ReviseInventoryStatus, so you'll have to use Revise[FixedPrice]Item to submit the STP values.
· 3 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello, I am also trying to get strikethrough pricing enabled on my account. Can you help me with this or point me to where I would get it done? I appreciate any help that I can get! Thank you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
marshncsu avatar image marshncsu electricfurnaceoutlet_1 ·
As a developer, it is automatically accessible when you make API requests. As a seller account, you would need your eBay account manager to have that enabled on your account. If you do not have an account manager, it is unlikely to happen, but you can always use something like the Item Promotions (Markdown Manager) options to achieve much of the same result.
1 Like 1 · ·
Marshncsu, I added another answer as a response below because there is a character limit here. I appreciate your time and help so much!
0 Likes 0 · ·
marshncsu avatar image
0 Likes"
marshncsu answered ·
I don't know the thresholds for eBay account management. In the past it's been $1MM+ in annual sales to even be considered, though I have an account doing $3MM+/month that told me they just recently lost their account manager. When "power seller" was a thing, then those accounts that were Titanium level power sellers had contacts that could be used, but I know that's since changed. Submitting a listing with STP and MAP has some elements that could cause buyers to be exploited on price information, so eBay restricts access to the features and functionality to those larger, established sellers and brands that can be relied to use it as intended. As you've encountered, the existence of the functionality is also not well known. The access is quite restricted, so the easiest way for you to try and reach out is to have an example listing on eBay that is already using the MAP functionality on the listing so they can see it and know that the functionality exists, but even then you may not be able to get approved into the program. If you're going to be restricted in your eBay listings by MAP rules, you may have to either list the items at the MAP price or exclude those from your eBay account if you can't get access to submit MAP information with your listings.

electricfurnaceoutlet_1 avatar image
0 Likes"
electricfurnaceoutlet_1 answered ·
Marshncsu, I can't thank you enough for this help. You have been great. I only started looking for the STP because that is what the support rep told me I needed. As I read these forums I started suspecting that MAP might be the real answer. I called seller support again and asked the rep if we had an account manager or how to get one. The rep did not know what an account manager was. So, they "escalated" it and I was told there is nothing I can do for 72 hours. So frustrating, I have been calling since Monday. Anyway, do you know of a solid way to get through to someone within e-bay and get an account rep working on this. We are top rated and we send e-bay a LOT of money. I would think this account rep would be within our means. Again I appreciate your help so much.

marshncsu avatar image
0 Likes"
marshncsu answered ·
@electricfurnaceoutlet_1 - You don't need Strikethrough Pricing (STP) - you need Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP). STP won't suppress the visibility of the consumer's price, but the MAP option will, exactly as you describe. That's a slightly different field in the API: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/AddItem.html#Request.Item.DiscountPriceInfo.MinimumAdvertisedPrice and then the MinimumAdvertisedPriceExposure field controls what the shopper has to do to be able to see the actual price that's involved. Access to this option as a seller requires the exact same approvals from the account management team at eBay. I'm pretty sure these are also API-only fields for configuration and management, so they may not be available in the eBay UI and many eBay applications may not fully support them. I'm with ChannelAdvisor, so for our clients that need access to these features we work with eBay's team to get them enabled and make sure they work. If you're on board with us then reach out to us and we can help out. Otherwise, you'll need to get through to the right contacts in account management at eBay and have them whitelist your seller account for the MAP options.

electricfurnaceoutlet_1 avatar image
0 Likes"
electricfurnaceoutlet_1 answered ·
Marshncsu, Thank you so much for replying. I have been trying to get help with this for a week now. I was on the phone two days ago with seller support and they transferred me to someone that identified themselves as an account manager but he didn't even know what the strike through pricing program was. He kept telling me I needed daily deals. I tried to explain to him that I really did not think it had anything to do with daily deals. After about an hour they said they would send an e-mail to the development team. I was supposed to get a return phone call. So far, nothing. The rep also tried to get me to use markdown manager. I can't use it because of MAP issues. I have to have the original price struck through and a button that says "see details" like so many others. Do you know of specific department I could talk to within seller support or any other way I could approach this? Again, this is a huge deal for us and I really appreciate any help you can send. Thank you so much.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.