question

chilltooled-up avatar image
0 Likes"
chilltooled-up asked

How to get Shipping Profile IDs?

Hi We are looking at expanding our shipping options on eBay - currently we list everything via the Trading API. We are looking at trying to offer combined postage discounts and also promotional shipping discounts, and when online via the API using the rate tables as well. Somehow previously I got a shipping profile ID (not sure where from) that we send for all listings which is just a fixed value of 10660XXXXX (masked some of it) but from reading the API we will need to include more specific ShippingProfileIDs to get the other features working? I think we might have got that single id previously by listing something manually and then doing a GetItem call in all likelihood. As we only use the Trading API how do we get all the profile IDs associated with our account? Is this a different API completely? If so do we need new keys / accounts etc to get it to work? I've found a few articles but it doesn't seem to tally up with the Trading API account we already have? Thanks
shippingprofileidshippingprofile
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
marshncsu avatar image
0 Likes"
marshncsu answered
You either need the Business Policies API (older) or the Account API (newer) to get the policies in an individual eBay account: BP: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/business-policies/Concepts/BusinessPoliciesAPIGuide.html Account: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/sell/content/account/overview.html That will give you the ID values that are needed to submit the listings.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.