question

deepvein1 avatar image
1 Like"
deepvein1 asked

Xiang any info on if a fix is in for the API on ISBN"s?

Looks like ISBN info was severly affected related to the change ebay put out on July 11 on the front end. Ebay used to put out ISBN10- and iISBN13 and ISBN info ( 3 different fields) on their individual listings in item specifics as displayed to the public . Now I am only seeing ISBN field with info and ISBN10 and `13 left blank. On the API, ebay only has a call for ISBN10 and ISBN13 fields. Does anyone know how to get the ISBN field thru the API. Documentation only specifies ISBN10 and ISBN13 are available thru the API.
api issue
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

disruptek avatar image
0 Likes"
disruptek answered
@deepvein1 What does the following statement mean? > On the API, ebay only has a call for ISBN10 and ISBN13 fields. Are you referring to a Product query in the Finding API? > Does anyone know how to get the ISBN field thru the API. Documentation only specifies ISBN10 and ISBN13 are available thru the API. ISBN-10 is simply a more specific name for ISBN; one which helps show the relationship between the name and the number of digits, and which creates parity against the ISBN-13 field. ISBN numbers issued after 2006 are all 13 digits long (eg. an ISBN-13), while any number issued in 2006 or earlier is an ISBN-10. What I'd like to know is why the eBay site shows EAN and ISBN numbers in the Item Specifics fields while Shopping API queries for the same items do not yield Item Specific values for those fields. Maybe this is what you're referring to? Consider this Shopping API result: { "BestOfferEnabled": false, "ItemID": "253004242180", "EndTime": "2017-08-20T17:48:34.000Z", "StartTime": "2017-06-21T17:48:34.000Z", "ViewItemURLForNaturalSearch": " http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happy-Stepmother-Stay-Sane-Empower-Yourself-Thrive-Your-New-Family-/253004242180", "ListingType": "FixedPriceItem", "Location": "Montgomery, IL", "PaymentMethods": [ "PayPal" ], "GalleryURL": " http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/2530042421808080_1.jpg", "PictureURL": [ " http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDM5OA==/z/SLgAAOSwMvtZSrF0/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F" ], "PrimaryCategoryID": "171243", "PrimaryCategoryName": "Books:Nonfiction", "Quantity": 1, "Seller": { "UserID": "glenthebookseller", "FeedbackRatingStar": "RedShooting", "FeedbackScore": 159821, "PositiveFeedbackPercent": 99.2 }, "BidCount": 0, "ConvertedCurrentPrice": { "Value": 9.64, "CurrencyID": "USD" }, "CurrentPrice": { "Value": 9.64, "CurrencyID": "USD" }, "ListingStatus": "Active", "QuantitySold": 0, "ShipToLocations": [ "Worldwide" ], "Site": "US", "TimeLeft": "P29DT23H42M39S", "Title": "The Happy Stepmother: Stay Sane, Empower Yourself, Thrive in Your New Family", "ShippingCostSummary": { "ShippingServiceCost": { "Value": 0, "CurrencyID": "USD" }, "ShippingType": "Flat", "ListedShippingServiceCost": { "Value": 0, "CurrencyID": "USD" } }, "HitCount": 6, "PrimaryCategoryIDPath": "267:171243", "Storefront": { "StoreURL": " http://stores.ebay.com/id=63014897", "StoreName": "glenthebookseller" }, "Country": "US", "ReturnPolicy": { "Refund": "Money Back", "ReturnsWithin": "30 Days", "ReturnsAccepted": "Returns Accepted", "Description": "Restocking fee: No", "ShippingCostPaidBy": "Buyer", "RestockingFeeValue": "No", "RestockingFeeValueOption": "NoRestockingFee" }, "AutoPay": true, "PaymentAllowedSite": [], "IntegratedMerchantCreditCardEnabled": false, "HandlingTime": 1, "ConditionID": 5000, "ConditionDisplayName": "Good", "ExcludeShipToLocation": [ "Africa", "Asia", "Central America and Caribbean", "Europe", "Middle East", "North America", "Oceania", "Southeast Asia", "South America" ], "GlobalShipping": false, "QuantitySoldByPickupInStore": 0, "SKU": "Z037389225XZ3", "NewBestOffer": false } Follow the link and see that the eBay site shows UPC, EAN, and ISBN fields. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happy-Stepmother-Stay-Sane-Empower-Yourself-Thrive-Your-New-Family-/253004242180 What gives, eBay?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sareen_eng avatar image
0 Likes"
sareen_eng answered
Confirmed, same issue here. Have been using getMultipleItems to collect ISBN info, and it suddenly stopped working and now I don't see a way to programatically get ISBN information. Even when the front end shows the ISBN to the public, the ItemDetails selector often does not give this information. @xiang.developersupport - would love any input you have on updates regarding this issue.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered

sareen_eng avatar image
0 Likes"
sareen_eng answered
Unfortunately (as you said in that post), it's not as efficient as getMultipleItems, and I would hit my API call limits quickly.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hi all, Is your issue similar to the post below? https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/21876/did-something-in-the-way-book-isbn-numbers-are-lis.html#answer-22022 If YES, please keep an eye on this post. If NO, please let me know the difference and provide the complete request and response (exclude the secrete information) in the attachment and tell me the current behavior and the expected behavior.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.