question

atomsindustries avatar image
0 Likes"
atomsindustries asked

New Shipping Guarantee program

With the new 3 day delivery guarantee pending, are sellers using the Ebay API forced to use the "Door to Door" option and be held responsible for reimbursing customers for Ebay's guarantee? How can sellers who have developed their own processing systems through these APIs be eligible for "Handling Time Option" where Ebay backs their guarantee? Kind Regards PS Please don't ask me to contact Ebay customer service as they told me to come here and ask your department directly.
apiapi sellersshipping guarantee
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
rhall9399 avatar image
0 Likes"
rhall9399 answered
Hi @atomsindustries, I thought you might be interested in this doc: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebay_guaranteed_delivery_api_playbook.pdf It talks about the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program from an API perspective. The eBay Guaranteed Delivery program is fully optional for sellers, but there are definitely some advantages for opting in. Both the "Handling Time Option" and "Door-to-Door Option" are supported by the APIs. FYI... - The "3-day guarantee" has actually been changed to "4-day guarantee", but sellers guaranteeing less days may see the benefits of more hits and conversions. - For the Handling Time Option, as long as the seller sets and meets the handling time of 0 or 1 day, and offers expedited shipping service options that should ensure that the stated delivery time is met, eBay will cover the return shipping costs if the delivery time is missed and the buyer wants to return the item - For the Door-to-Door option, the seller is responsible for the return shipping costs (regardless of what it says in the listing's return policy) if the item is delivered late and the buyer wants to return the item Thanks, Russ, eBay Developer Support
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.