question

mikgorma8 avatar image
0 Likes"
mikgorma8 asked ·

Search results from a particular eBay store are not present in a WorldWide search

Hi, I'm developing an application which uses FindItemsAdvanced in the eBay Finding API to search for items by keyword. The filters for the searches include the LocatedInFilter, searching in the location "WorldWide". I have noticed that when using that WorldWide location, some items are missing from search results which are present if I don't use the location filter, and instead set the request header property "X-EBAY-SOA-GLOBAL-ID" to a particular eBayStore, such as "EBAY-GB". I would have expected any item present in the search results from a particular store to be also present in the results from a WorldWide search. Can you please tell me whay that is not the case, and how I should use eBay search parameters to execute a WorldWide search which does return resutls for all stores? I have a particular eBay ItemId as an example if that would help. Regards. Mike
finding-apifinditemsadvanced
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
FYI, EBAY-GB is a site. Stores are a US site feature. (Shops in UK) GLOBAL-ID selects the site on which the item is listed and is limited to the list of supported eBay sites. LocatedIn in selects the country where the seller says the item is located and can be any ISO 2-character country code. You may also want to use AvailableTo
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.