question

provalueparts avatar image
0 Likes"
provalueparts asked

Issues Publishing Offers

Hello, I've been working for the past few days to create listings via the API and I have found this entire process very convoluted. Either way, here's what's going on. 1. I used **Create or Replace Inventory Item** to create a new inventory item. **CHECK** 2. I then used **Create Offer** to create an Offer and attached the item to that offer. **CHECK** 3. I then try to publish my offer using **Publish Offer**, and it fails with the following errors: **Error ID 25006:** The eBay listing associated with the inventory item, or the unpublished offer has an invalid listing option. You have specified the deposit option, but did not specified deposit amount. **How is this possible when I used a basic policy that says nothing about specifying a deposit?** Here is the policy it's referring to: { "name": "PayPal:Immediate pay", "description": "PayPal, Immediate Pay", "marketplaceId": "EBAY_US", "categoryTypes": [ { "name": "ALL_EXCLUDING_MOTORS_VEHICLES", "default": true } ], "paymentMethods": [ { "paymentMethodType": "PAYPAL", "recipientAccountReference": { "referenceType": "PAYPAL_EMAIL", "referenceId": "MY_PAYPAL_EMAIL" } } ], "immediatePay": true, "paymentPolicyId": "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" } I also get **Error 25008:** The eBay listing associated with the inventory item, or the unpublished offer has invalid data in the associated Payment policy. Because you've specified Local Pickup Only for this item, you can't require immediate payment. **But I never specified that the item was available for Local Pickup.** Here is the item it's referring to: { "sku": "PVPBDKZ58509", "product": { "title": "Commercial T/A Traction", "aspects": { "price": [ "202.24" ] }, "description": "Commercial T/A Traction", "brand": "BF Goodrich", "mpn": "58509", "upc": ["00086699585097"], "imageUrls": [" https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FUybPZGAL._SL1001_.jpg"] }, "condition": "NEW", "availability": { "pickupAtLocationAvailability": [], "shipToLocationAvailability": { "quantity": 33 } } } Also, if this will help, here's the Offer that I created: { "availableQuantity": 33, "marketplaceId": "EBAY_US”, "categoryId": "33743", "listingDescription": "Commercial T/A Traction", "listingPolicies": { "paymentPolicyId": "XXXXXXXXXXX", "returnPolicyId": "YYYYYYYYYYYY", "fulfillmentPolicyId": "ZZZZZZZZZZZ" }, "pricingSummary": { "price": { "currency": "USD", "value": "202.24" } }, "quantityLimitPerBuyer": 3, "country":"US", "merchantLocationKey":"MY_LOCATION_KEY", "storeCategoryNames": ["/eBay Motors/Parts & Accessories/Car & Truck Parts/Wheels, Tires & Parts/Tires"] } I thought that maybe there were some default values that may be set up that I don't know about, however the documentation does not really specify if any of these default settings are created. Also, in a somewhat related question, for the policy I created, why is it excluding the **EBAY_Motors** store and why is it that when I change it to include **EBAY_Motors** it won't save it? Is there a specific way that a payment policy needs to be created for eBay Motors? I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.
publish offer errorcreate offercreate or replace inventory itempolicies
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rjd-ca avatar image
1 Like"
rjd-ca answered
So for part one of your question regarding the cryptic 25008 error message I think this may be related to your shipping policy. According to this random article I found on the internet, the shipping policy that you used to publish the offer most likely does not have a domestic shipping option configured. https://support.priceyak.com/hc/en-us/articles/205564399-How-to-edit-your-shipping-payment-and-return-information-business-policies- Your second question around EBAY_MOTORS policies I believe can be answered by the below article. Basically payment, fulfillment, and return policies can either be designated to work with EBAY_MOTORS or work with everything else. If you want to use the same policies for both EBAY_MOTORS and other marketplaces, you will need to duplicate your policies and set the category type for one set to MOTORS_VEHICLES and the category type for the other set to ALL_EXCLUDING_MOTORS_VEHICLES. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/sell/content/selling-ig/configuring-seller-accounts/business-policies.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
provalueparts answered
Also, it would be great to know if I am going about this the wrong way. Should I use the Trading API instead for this? I don't seem to be getting any traction with this method with the Ebay Motors marketplace.

0 Likes"
provalueparts answered
thank you! I will keep searching for solutions but your feedback is very helpful.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.