question

rnkinnovations avatar image
1 Like"
rnkinnovations asked ·

Seller is not eligible to list a discounted item

When updating my products (ReviseFixedPriceItemRequest), I am getting the following error: 21916970: Seller is not eligible to list a discounted item. ...but the weird thing is that I am not trying to sell this item discounted, and don't even have a DiscountPriceInfo block in my submission XML. Any suggestions?
api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thanks for the comment
0 Likes 0 · ·
zakeoriginal avatar image
0 Likes"
zakeoriginal answered ·
Hello @rnkinnovations, I have the same problem, Have you found any solution? Thanks Best regards

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

damienelp avatar image
0 Likes"
damienelp answered ·
Same here ! How do I contact them so they can activate "DiscountPriceInfo_OriginalRetailPrice" for my account ???

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@rnkinnovations @zakeoriginal 21916970 is a warning not an error. That means whatever you are trying to revise should've gone through: http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/Errors/ErrorMessages.htm The reason you are getting this warning even though there is no discount info in the request could be because the listing was originally discounted. Whenever a "Revise" call is made the entire listing information is validated against business rules not just the information on the revise call. If it's still unclear after you check the original item please let me know your developer account user IDs. @damienelp Please note we don't support STP anymore. We still support MAP and you need to file a support request to gain production access. In addition the following resources are available for enabling discount pricing: Seller Hub Marketing tools – Seller Hub provides easy access to marketing tools for eBay Stores subscribers, including Promotions Manager, which lets you create special offers that encourage buyers to shop more of your items and spend more on each order. Markdown Manager – Markdown Manager provides a way to put your store items on sale, creating promotions that are seasonal, for specific holidays, for specific categories, or just to clear out inventory. Trading API – the promotional sale calls, SetpromotionalSale, SetPromotionalSaleListings, and GetPromotionalSaleDetails, give you programmatic access to the capabilities of Markdown Manager so you can scale and customize the experience of putting your store items on sale. Marketing API – the Marketing API lets sellers and merchants manage the life cycle of promoted listings and item promotions and generate reports. The methods in the promotion-related resources give you programmatic access to the capabilities of Promotions Manager so you can scale and customize the experience of creating and managing item promotions.
· 1 · Share

Hello, I am trying to get strikethrough pricing (and/or MAP Pricing) enabled on my account. Can you help me with this or point me to where I would get it done? I appreciate any help that I can get! Thank you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
damienelp avatar image
0 Likes"
damienelp answered ·
Hello! Thanks for the feedback. But I'm using Lengow which send Ebay a file with all my listing. So if I create some kind of promotion directly on Ebay, the next time Lengow send an update, it's going to cancel the promotion I just created. So I need to be able to create a promotion directly on Lengow. Here's what they say in their guide : " DiscountPriceInfo_OriginalRetailPrice : Optional. Indicate the originale price of the product, known as the strikethrough price. Therefor the 'Price' will be the discount price. To use this field you should have the autorization from your account manager." Could you please do something for me. By the way I have a French account, don't know if that information is relevant but now you got it ! Regards.

zakeoriginal avatar image
0 Likes"
zakeoriginal answered ·
Hello! thanks for the feedback. I am using Lengow too and i have the same problem that @damienelp. I have a spanish account and i send the same field "DiscountPriceInfo_OriginalRetailPrice" in my feed. Thanks and Best Regards.

0 Likes"
@damienelp @zakeoriginal We no longer support Strike Through Pricing option. We support the eBay APIs and not any 3rd party vendors. If Lengow still uses STP they need to change that.

damienelp avatar image
0 Likes"
damienelp answered ·
Why did you no longer support STP ? Lengow does not have a solution and they are telling me that the STP is working properly for some of their clients. How is that possible ?? Regards.

0 Likes"
@damienhelp For seller who already enrolled into STP that will still work, however we are not activating any more new sellers for STP. Thanks

damienelp avatar image
0 Likes"
damienelp answered ·
Why is that ? Can you make an exception please ? How am I suppose to make discount in my store otherwise ? I CAN'T !

damienelp avatar image
0 Likes"
damienelp answered ·
Could you please answer me ? I need to find a solution because I can't make any discount on my store, sending all my listing through Lengow. Regards.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.